Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Home and School Visitor
1. Valid and current Pennsylvania Home & School Visitor/Social Worker certification
2. Valid and current Pennsylvania vehicle operator's license.
3. Knowledge of child growth and development, and family dynamics.
4. Knowledge of the Allentown City community and local resources.
5. Demonstrated cultural competence.
6. Ability to work effectively with staff, students, parents and the general public.
7. Demonstrated record-keeping and reporting ability.
8. Spanish and/or other language fluency preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The individual must possess good interpersonal, human relations and organizational skills. Good oral,
written and computer and communication skills are also required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To promote student achievement through consistent attendance at school, and by encouraging parental
involvement in education; to enforce compliance with Compulsory School Attendance Law.