Exceptional Education Teacher - Freeman High School 2021-22
Henrico, VA, US
HCPS - Freeman High School
Henrico County Public Schools is one of the six largest county public school divisions in Virginia with a nationally recognized educational program. Henrico County is a suburban community surrounding the city of Richmond, VA. We are 104 miles from the Atlantic Ocean to the east; 94 miles from the scenic Sky Line Drive to the west; 106 miles from Washington, D.C. to the north; and 75 miles from the North Carolina border to the south.
Henrico County Public Schools, an innovative leader in educational excellence, will actively engage our students in diverse learning experiences that inspire and empower them to become contributing citizens.
General Statement of Duties
This vacancy is open until filled and is for the 2021-2022 school year. Extensive knowledge in current trends in exceptional education and in educational methodology, ability to plan, organize and deliver instruction which meets individual and group needs, and the ability to manage a classroom.
This employee designs and implements instruction for students with disabilities in Henrico County Schools. The incumbent is responsible for planning, delivering, and evaluating individual educational programs for students based on individual student needs and the goals and objectives of the Henrico County School Board and administration.
- Communicates with parents, students, outside agencies and other professionals.
- Develops IEPs for students that comply with HCPS and VaDOE regulations and guidelines
- Maintains student caseload in regard to compliance with IEP development and three year re-evaluations, communication and consultation with other teachers and related service providers (e.g., student accommodations, SOL testing information)
- Gathers ongoing instructional and behavioral data
- Plans and adjusts daily instructional and behavioral programs based on data
- Assesses student progress and reports to parents, at minimum, through quarterly IEP progress reports
- Requisitions material and equipment and performs other clerical tasks required
- Implements instruction and behavior management
- Facilitates IEP meetings for caseload students using established HCPS meeting protocol
- Functions as a member of a professional team
- Carries out transition activities with parents and other professionals
- Plans, directs, and evaluates the work of an instructional assistant
- Uses IEP software
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in special education, preferred
- Valid Virginia Teaching Certificate special education endorsements (minimum endorsement specific learning disabilities or special education general curriculum)
This position is open until filled; start date is August 30, 2021.
Minimum hourly salary with Bachelor's degree $48,032; Master's degree $50,338.
How To Apply
To be considered for the listed vacancy, you must submit an online application, upload, mail, fax, or hand-deliver three (3) signed references,
https://henricoschools.us/wp-content/uploads/References.pdf college transcripts, and a copy of your teaching license to:
Henrico County Public Schools
Department of Human Resources
P. O. Box 23120
3820 Nine Mile Road
Henrico, VA 23223
Fax: (804) 652-3763
Henrico County Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities.
EOE/Accommodations Upon Request
Amount of Travel
Work At Home