The job of Campus Security Officer UA is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional process with specific responsibilities for the safety and welfare of students during classroom and non- classroom activities; minimizing the frequency and/or severity of harmful incidents; and communicating observations and/or incidents that have a potential impact on the general well-being of students, school personnel, and/or visitors.
Police Team Leader
- Analyzes activities that may be in violation of school policies and/or an indication of possible criminal activity (unauthorized visitors, threats against students, possible violations of school policy, etc.) for the purpose of assisting law enforcement personnel, developing information necessary for determining action, and/or providing documentation.
- Assists district personnel (administrators, campus police officers, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or direction for ensuring campus security.
- Collaborates with other school and district personnel (assigned police officer, building principals, representatives of local agencies, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or taking actions for the safety and security of the school site.
- Communicates with students, staff and visitors (safety procedures, security policies, enforcement procedures, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring their understanding of such information and the potential consequences of violation.
- Escorts students, assigned personnel and/or visitors (campus traffic at peak times, etc.) for the purpose of providing direction, ensuring their safety and providing site security.
- Monitors student behavior during and between assigned periods and at student events (lunch room, classrooms with substitutes, detention, dances, home games, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring student compliance with established guidelines, maintaining a safe and positive learning environment, and secure facility.
- Participates in unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. (new procedures, upcoming events, etc.) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Provides traffic and parking control (high peak traffic times, games, events, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining efficient traffic flow and use of parking lot/s.
- Refers to appropriate site personnel incidents (personal injuries, altercations, suspicious activities, rule violations, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring follow-up in accordance with administrative, site security and student safety guidelines.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources regarding campus security issues (teachers, building principals, campus police officers, etc.) for the purpose of providing information, direction and/or referral for addressing inquiry.
- Responds to a variety of situations (accidents, injuries, vandalism, suspicious activities, alarms, etc.) for the purpose of informing appropriate personnel to resolve immediate safety and/or security concerns.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Skills-based Competencies Required to perform multiple tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipment and using pertinent software applications; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
- Knowledge-based Competencies Required to perform basic math; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: methods of investigation; and record keeping.
- Ability-based Competencies Required to schedule activities and/or meetings; collate data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing specific, defined processes; and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with specific, job-related data; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; working as part of a team; and working with detailed information/data.
High school diploma or GED equivalent Security or law enforcement experience is preferred Valid Georgia Driver’s License
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity.
Generally the job requires 5% sitting, 55% walking, and 40% standing.
Valid Georgia Driver’s License
Criminal Justice Fingerprint Background Clearance
Fair Labor Standards Act
Salary $16723.96 - $24,363.65 / Per Year