As America’s Un-carrier™, T-Mobile US (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. We operate our flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS, and offer simplicity and “no surprises” to our wireless subscribers.
We’re breaking the rules of wireless and even after 6+ years we’re just getting started. Join our revolution and change wireless for good. We aren’t afraid to break the rules, we play to win, and we have fun doing it.
We’re hiring in Corporate Strategy & Analytics (CS&A). Join a high profile team of outside-the-box thinkers who bring unrivaled analytic horsepower and strategic thinking to T-Mobile’s business. We are a team of collaborative, non-hierarchical problem solvers with deep relationships and influence throughout the organization. This is the team responsible for launching some of the most defining initiatives in the wireless industry – from Simple Global to Binge On – and will continue to play an integral part in our innovations to come.
What you'll do in your role.
You will be a Manager in CS&A, a position that requires strategic and analytic thinking, the ability to influence team members and executives cross-functionally, and an appetite for change and innovation. You will have the opportunity to own your own independent workstreams to:
- Partner with cross functional teams and leaders to drive critical decisions and change. Work closely with key business leaders across the company to understand critical issues and navigate change within a large organization
- Provide the analytical horsepower. Tackle ambiguous and complex analytical problems, requiring analysis beyond what’s necessary for day-to-day operations
- Empower decision making for business leaders. Uncover critical business insights and create models that impact key decisions.
- Synthesize findings. Translate insights and concepts to actionable recommendations
- Build a story out of the numbers. Craft a strategic story and present complex analytical findings in a clear, concise, and decision-impacting manner.
- Drive consensus across the organization. Work cooperatively with cross functional teams, expanding involvement and building buy-in.
The experience you'll bring.
- Rock-star problem solver. You can identify the key issues that impact business decisions and are equipped with superior analytical skills including the ability to build models (typically in Excel) to drive insights.
- Structured thinker. You can frame and bring structure to complex and ambiguous analytical problems.
- Modeling pro. You have experience building complex financial and decision models from scratch and feel comfortable tackling modeling assignments with limited oversight. Strong Excel skills required, with SAS, R or other statistical software a plus.
- Data analyzer. You are proficient at gathering, manipulating and analyzing large datasets, with experience with SQL.
- Magenta team player. You have experience collaborating with cross functional teams and want to bring that experience to the cutting edge of wireless.
- Clear communicator. You can synthesize analysis into succinct, executive-ready written, visual and verbal communications.
- Independent doer. You desire a high level of responsibility and can work with minimal supervision. You are comfortable working in a high-intensity environment.
- Change agent. You have both the empathy and communication skills necessary to drive collaboration, motivate and influence key business leaders and peers.
- Fearless “Un-carrier” spirit. You possess a relentless appetite to drive change and aren’t bound by the “status quo”.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Math, Science, Engineering or other quantitative field
- 3-5 years of experience in a corporate strategy, business operations or financial role
- Track record demonstrating a high level of achievement
- 1-2 years of consulting or investment banking experience
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Operations Research, Statistics, Math or Economics
- Some level of familiarity with tech, telecommunications, or consumer businesses