At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
In compliance with applicable New York and New Jersey State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination (2 doses of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine) is mandatory for all MSK employees, contingent workers, and volunteers. Exceptions are permitted for those employees who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster five months after receiving the second dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or two months after the J&J vaccine.
Do you want to play a key role in redefining the future of cancer care through technology?
We are looking for an Associate Director, Platform Engineering to join our Software Engineering team as we meet the challenge of fighting cancer in the modern era. You will help Developers and QA Engineers setup their CI/CD pipeline and will automate the build, test and deploy their code to production while delivering continuous value.
- Effective communicator: Whether written or oral, your communication skills are outstanding in any context. Interactions with partners and coworkers move business forward in a dynamic, exciting, working environment. You are as good – maybe better – at listening as you are at talking and writing.
- Problem-solver: A multi-tasker who runs toward a challenge. You’re able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and think independently.
- A leader: Advise senior management and help socialize business and technical strategic decisions to the front-line engineers. You are an evangelist for coding standard methodologies, style and good documentation. An effective manager of people and embrace all responsibilities – pleasant and otherwise – associated with performance management and ensuring your team has what it needs to succeed.
- Accountable: You are the greatest critic of what you deliver. You are proud of your work, and you stand by it. You are humbled but not defeated by failure and accept it as a critical part of learning.
- Train, motivate and manage team members who build DevOps as a product and testing automation for various different applications.
- Lead a team of software/QA engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Contribute technically to projects via architecture, design, and hands-on implementation, in this role you may code up to 20% of your time.
- Communicate cross-functionally across various teams, organizations and internal and external partners to drive engineering efforts.
- Take ownership for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects.
- Collaborate in an agile team with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Enterprise Architects, Software Engineering Teams and Users.
- Anticipate technical issues and make architectural and design decisions to avoid them.
- 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience of teams with at least 5 direct reports.
- Deeply technical. You understand application architecture and can design implement and support highly available systems.
- Expert Knowledge in Linux based systems.
- Experience using Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift or similar container technologies.
- Advance proficiency in configuration management and automation tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Azure DevOps)
- Experience and familiarity with Cloud Architecture (AWS or Azure) is a requirement.
- Proven experience in large-scale systems.
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, openness, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.