At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK requires all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Beginning on February 21, 2022, MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination series + booster (once eligible). Individuals currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster must get their booster, or have an approved exemption as a condition of employment at MSK. Individuals can get their COVID-19 booster 5 months after receiving their second dose of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, or 2 months after the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Individuals who are not yet eligible for a booster must meet this criteria within 30 days of becoming eligible.
We are looking for a Bioinformatics Software Engineer, who will work on software systems analyzing genomic data which guides treatment decisions and clinical trials of novel targeted therapies. Is this you? Join us as we make a difference in the lives of our patients
- Work and collaborate with an outstanding team of bioinformatics researchers, software, and system engineers, as well as physicians to support production-scale analysis of clinical next-generation sequencing data for cancer patients.
- Collaborate with agile teams to craft, develop, test, implement NGS clinical diagnostics pipelines and systems to analyze genomic data, and support technical solutions.
- Develop and lead software continuous integration, deployment processes.
- Develop and manage alerting and monitoring solutions of production systems.
- Create and maintain technical documentation including user guides, operational run books, and standard operating procedures.
- Develop DevOps framework and implement standards, processes as well as controls for release and deployment activities.
- Develop API services, data dashboards, visualizations, and cutting-edge web portals.
- learning new technologies and methodologies.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information, consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- 2-4 years of software engineering experience, Bachelor's Degree in bioinformatics or related field preferred
- Significant experience with Relational or Non-Relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience working with large-scale biological datasets and with high-performance computing either on-premises or cloud (especially AWS).
- Experience with Agile software engineering practices.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, communication, and organizational skills.
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match |Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility