Tutor (Infant of Prague Title I Tutor)
Principal – Infant of Prague Catholic School
Open Until Filled
NATURE OF WORK:
Part time, itinerant position, 20 hours per week. Personal vehicle required.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Two year Associate’s Degree in Education or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least Associate’s Degree required (must include an emphasis in mathematics, reading, writing and content knowledge)
- Minimum 2.5 GPA required
- Experience working with diverse learners
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 5 months
SALARY: $15 per hour for candidates who are non-licensed
$25 per hour for candidates who have maintained a current teaching license
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Follow all rules, policies and procedures of Onslow County Schools, along with state and federal regulations pertaining to schools.
- Provide academic assistance to assigned tutees, either in a group or individually.
- Help students develop positive attitudes toward learning and studying.
- Help students develop self-confidence and reduce fear of failure in academic work.
- Help students develop study skills necessary for academic success.
- Establish and maintain rapport with the assigned students.
- Serve as a role model for students.
- Maintain strict confidentiality for all matters.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by the building principal.
- Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms routinely.
- Ability to bend, stoop, carry, push or pull.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds routinely and 30 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to facilitate the evacuation of students during emergency situations and/or drills.
- Must be able to visually, auditorily, and physically monitor student performance and conduct.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
Onslow County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities.