Food Service Assistant
School Nutrition Manager
NATURE OF WORK:
Performs a variety of kitchen duties as assigned in the preparation and serving of school meals.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Follow daily work schedule and perform specific job duties assigned by the manager.
2. Cook food items for the purpose of meeting mandated nutritional requirements.
3. Insure proper handling and storage of food in accordance with safety and sanitation regulations.
4. Maintain accurate and complete meal production sheets and temperature logs.
5. Operate, clean and sanitize all kitchen equipment
6. Interact positively with students, parents and school personnel.
7. Assume other duties as assigned by the manager, nutrition coordinator and/or director.
The following characteristics and physical skills are essential for successful performance of job duties.
- Stand and work on concrete floors for extended periods of time.
- Work cooperatively to support team work.
- Communicate effectively using verbal, listening and writing skills.
- Tolerate exposure to temperature extremes.
- React productively to interruptions and changing conditions.
- Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Completion of O.N.E. training within first year of employment.
The following figures convey the relevant and relative physical abilities an applicant or employee must possess in order to fulfill the job functions and duties:
Salary $11,520.62 - $16,794.67 / Per Hour