Job no: 537721
Entity: Medical University Hospital Authority (Medical Center)
Department: Columbia Regional - Columbia Medical Center Downtown
Sub Department: MUHA-9158100-COLUMBIA MEDICAL CENTER DOWNTOWN
Work type: Full-Time
Employee Type: MUHA-Regular
Location: Columbia, SC, Kershaw, SC, Columbia Medical Center Downtown, Columbia Medical Center North East
Pay scale: MUHA-Grade M: $51,920.64 - $68,301.00 (min - mid)
Are you a new graduate nurse looking for your first opportunity? Are you interested in gaining experience in Telemetry or Emergency? Are you looking for a nurse residency program that invests in YOU, your career, and your future?
If so, we invite you to apply for our Nurse Residency Program. This is a unique opportunity to be given educational and clinical training in our Telemetry and Med Surg Units. This residency will allow new graduates to obtain specific experience through an intensive program and then transition to staff roles within the nursing departments of Providence Hospitals. This process is a minimum of 3 to 6 months depending upon the specific clinical setting.
**We are still conducting interviews through the end of the year. Please schedule yours today. The program will start in February 2022.
Nurse Residency Program overview:
- Hands-on experience with equipment and mentoring.
- Clinical training and instruction while allowing you to work on a nursing unit.
- Clinical training may consist of day, night and weekend shifts.
- Offers one-on-one clinical education provided in each patient care area that is formally structured using pathways and specific timelines.
- Receive mentorship from a nurse educator
- Attend trainings designed to stimulate critical thinking skills
- Participate in classroom activities that address key clinical topics
- South Carolina RN license must be active prior to start date
- ADN or BSN required
- BLS (American Heart Association) required prior to start date
- New Grad to 12 months of hospital RN experience
- Available to work the schedule of your preceptor throughout orientation