HILL CAMPUS OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
Traditional 200 work days 7 Flex
Salary Range: The salary range for new hires is $24.65 - $26.188 per hour. The salary range for internal candidates is $24.65 - $30.76 per hour.
Essential Functions and Objectives:
- Under minimal supervision, performs complex and diverse duties to support various general office operations or school based, programs and functions.
- Provides high-level support and coordination for multiple project initiatives.
- Creates complex reports using various district applications, software and technology, protect privacy, confidentiality, student and employee data according to FERPA and district policy
- Compose and edit internal and external correspondence and documents, maintains website, newsletters, social media, and other communications.
- Participate in internal department process improvements. This may include preparing and maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Plan and coordinate complex and/or high-profile events, which includes preparing presentations, meeting logistics, and other arrangements.
- Train and provide technical direction and guidance to Office Support I and Office Support II.
- Monitor and track invoices and budget expenditures. Prepares and processes purchasing and accounting documents, process payroll and timekeeping requests.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in administrative/clerical work or combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated advanced-level knowledge and experience with computer-based spreadsheet, database, and word processing software.
- Demonstrated experience producing various general office documents, analysis and recommendations
- Ability to work effectively as member of team.
- Ability to multi-task and complete work with frequent interruptions
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and oral formats
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and high complex problem solving skills.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office and other computer software programs.
- Must be able to successfully complete the duties of the Office Support I and Office Support II
- Bilingual skills may be required based on work location
- High School diploma, completion of G.E.D., or equivalent.
- Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
- Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
- Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
- Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.