Roanoke County Public Schools is currently seeking applicants for an Elementary Title I Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year.
Applicants must hold a current standard Virginia Postgraduate Professional License with an endorsement for Reading Specialist.
The Elementary Title I Teacher is responsible for developing student academic skills through the implementation of the comprehensive literacy program at their assigned school through direct instruction and support and guidance to classroom teachers. Position provides feedback regarding students progress, expectations, goals and activities. Position is responsible for developing and maintaining the Title I plan for assigned school. Position is responsible for developing and implementing parent involvement activities at the school level. Position requires the ability to collaborate with peers at the school level and district level.
- Coordinates the school's Title I reading support across all grade levels.
- Assists administrators and teachers at the assigned school in the implementation of a comprehensive literacy program.
- Participates with the school literacy team to implement a support framework for student achievement in literacy and to review the reading progress of students.
- Coordinates and plans parent involvement activities within the school.
- Completes reports, collects data, and provides information for title I program monitoring as requested.
- Conferences as requested with parents/guardians regarding the English reading and writing performance of students.
- Completes other duties as assigned by school administration or Title I Director.
Concentration in Reading or Masters in Reading endorsement preferred.
Significant standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Please refer to the RCPS Pay Plan located on the RCPS website for current salary information.