This position will be a key part of the T-Mobile Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team responsible for forecasting, planning, and reporting for the Assurance product. This individual will provide financial guidance to leadership on the financial trends and operational drivers behind the results and present reports on findings, including offering guidance on course corrections, as needed.
As a part of their daily activities, this individual will be required to interface with diverse groups within T-Mobile including, but not limited to, Accounting Partners, Sales Operations, as well as other peer groups within FP&A. Enhancing current modeling and forecasting processes and procedures will be a key element in the role. The ideal candidate will possess skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and have demonstrated the ability to resolve a wide range of issues in practical ways with demonstrated strong modeling skills. The ideal candidate will also have a record of demonstrated success in a fast paced and flexible environment and ability to work well across organizations.
What you'll do in your role.
- Oversees the efficient operation and cost-effectiveness of operating systems and programs.
- Monitors and evaluates project progress and results to determine improvements in procedures needed to meet ultimate objectives.
- Evaluates budget performance, expenditures, and operational effectiveness. May analyze and evaluate potential investments, potential acquisitions or divestitures, and other investments as they relate to organization objectives.
- May participate in the development and tracking of functional strategy, including key success measures.
- Develops, interprets, and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control for both the budgets and forecasts.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
- Uses statistical and financial modeling techniques to analyze results and identify variances and underlying causes, opportunities, and risks.
- Provide actionable insights around trends and financial performance. Present findings to management, including suggestions for course correction.
- Utilize analytical and modeling capability to perform scenario and sensitivity analysis to enhance decision making across a range of options and present findings.
- Work internally and with strategic partners to ensure processes and procedures are in place for proper controls and reporting.
- Responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
The experience you'll bring.
- 7+ years’ experience in a forecasting and financial analysis role including KPI management and variance analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or a related area
- Understanding of Finance and Accounting principles. Knowledge of financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow)
- Experience building and managing complex models; highly proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience using SAP/BPC, Hyperion, or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision, manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Superior communication, presentation, and organization skills; ability to communicate complex analytical findings in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and “think out of the box” to create win-win solutions
Wireless Telecom experience preferred
Previous experience with financial planning/management, including making recommendations to upper management, preferred