Assist Rink Manager in preparing and maintaining ice rinks and associated areas of the gym to support sports programs.
Seasonal, October to mid-March, 20 - 30 hours/week, Monday – Saturday 4:30pm- 10:30pm; Sunday 6:00am - 1:00pm, as needed. Schedule may vary according to departmental and Academy needs.
- Assist Rink Manager in preparing rinks for all rink-related programs.
- Operate and maintain Ice Resurfacers and ice edger.
- Operate and perform routine preventative maintenance on ice making equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair work during and at the end of the skating season.
- Clean Plexiglas shields and rink boards after each skating season.
- Secure and lockup rinks after night and/or weekend rentals and events.
- Clean rink areas, including rest rooms, team rooms, hallways, stands, players’ boxes and penalty boxes.
- Sweep, wash and mop floors, empty trash, replenish toilet paper and perform other similar duties.
- Shovel snow at rink entrances/exits, emergency exits and other areas as directed.
- Sweep front entrance stairs.
- Contact and assist emergency personnel in the event of a skating injury.
Degree of Independent Action Performed
Incumbent is expected to work with a high level of independence and autonomy, and exercise a high degree of initiative, influence, and judgment in decisions impacting staff and department operations.
Expected to solve problems or address issues that require immediate attention.
Internal & External Contacts
Frequent contact with students, Dean of Students office, PEA administrative and academic offices, faculty, coaches, and staff. External contacts may include parents, outside organizations, visitors and local community neighbors.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience with rink operations preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting is preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in all aspects of Academy life.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust and credibility.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a strong customer focus.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Possess basic computer skills.