FAMILY AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT (FACE)
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $59,355-$71,923
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Responsible for maintaining the operational and transactional responsibilities of the department. Manages the coordination of day to day activities of a specific business function. Primary emphasis is achieving results by building engagement and empowering their teams. May have exposure for district wide initiatives.
The Manager of Youth Self-Sufficiency Services provides oversight to the operations and program services for youth workforce development and self sufficiency. The Manager also provides support with department partnerships and collaborative efforts to ensure benchmarks are met and high-quality services are provided to the students and families of Denver Public Schools.
- Collaborate with pathways leadership and community partners to design and implement youth workforce development and self sufficiency.
- Manage and work with respective teams to implement policies, procedures, programs and initiatives that pertain to their functional unit. Set clear goals, organize work plans, and divide work accordingly. Assure adherence to daily operational items, such as budgets, schedules, and performance.
- Apply managerial thinking and decision making to deliver results and ensure project/team success.
- Solve problems, including defining, tackling and mitigating issues or situations. Map or assess situations, formulate options and provide guidance within a defined latitude.
- Establish targets, analyze performance and follow up to ensure achievement plan is attainable.
- Analyze past trends, identify gaps, and understand district to provide recommendations.
- Work on issues that require thorough analysis; apply discretion for decisions that could impact short term goals. Uses set guidance, policies and procedures to make decisions and address operational challenges.
- Collaborate with other functions, peers and teams. Gain credibility and cooperation across the organization. Convey progress and goal results with functional areas. Conduct training, present findings & materials and other deliverables.
- Improves team performance through coaching, feedback and mentoring. Entrust and motivate direct reports by providing direction, and facilitate skill building.
- Oversee a team of coordinators and monitor the progress of goals, program implementation, benchmarks, outcomes and results each week; oversee and conduct staff performance plans and annual EPMP evaluations.
- Oversee management of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act grants and associated budget, performance, and compliance measures, including managing program staff to ensure grant expectations and benchmarks are met and all expected deliverables are achieved within the expected timeframe.
- Lead network meetings, department meetings and professional development opportunities to enhance learning, bridge communication, understand expectations and collaborate with colleagues to achieve the program mission.
- Implement strategies for strong community and staff engagement in the design and implementation of the pilots to ensure collaboration across all schools in the network and alignment with district and school goals.
- Lead and develop strategies to implement an integrated service delivery model focusing on five important service components where there are current infrastructures and the opportunity for significant expansion.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Three (3) of related experience.
- Three (3) years of management experience.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong organizational and analytic skills and strong attention to detail.
-Self-starter/leader who can anticipate department needs in a proactive (versus, reactive) manner.
- Ability to develop and interpret data and manage resources.
- Ability to motivate and influence others.
- Ability to effectively lead a team.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Google Suite.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle management of several high-priority projects in parallel.
- High degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to lead a high-performing team.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances with a positive attitude, preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information, preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Education or related field, required.
- Master's Degree in a related field, preferred.
- Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
- Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
- Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
- Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS comprises nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.