Temporary Classroom Monitor
Sandston, VA, US
HCPS - Donahoe Elementary School
Henrico County Public Schools is one of the six largest county public school divisions in Virginia with a nationally recognized educational program. Henrico County is a suburban community surrounding the city of Richmond, VA. We are 104 miles from the Atlantic Ocean to the east; 94 miles from the scenic Sky Line Drive to the west; 106 miles from Washington, D.C. to the north; and 75 miles from the North Carolina border to the south.
Henrico County Public Schools, an innovative leader in educational excellence, will actively engage our students in diverse learning experiences that inspire and empower them to become contributing citizens.
General Statement of Duties
HCPS is currently employing a mix of learning approaches for students, to include online and in-classroom instruction. As such, the division is hiring a Classroom Monitor who will actively supervise students while the classroom teacher is providing instruction remotely and may also provide assistance when the teacher is in the physical school classroom. This position will assist the teacher in implementing the instructional program.
This position is for the 2020-21 School Year with a target start date of November 16, 2020. This vacancy is open until filled. Temporary position. No more than 29 hours per week. Hours per day will be assigned by the principal. Temporary employees will report to the school building for this position.
This position is funded by The CARES Act and is for ONE YEAR ONLY.
Under the direction of the building administrator and guidance of the teacher, this individual assists with all aspects of instructional programming including helping to produce instructional materials, maintain the smooth functioning of the classroom, prepare the classroom for instruction, and work directly with students to carry out the instructional plan.
- Supervise students in an in-person classroom
- Maintain order and enforce school policies while overseeing learning
- Provide classroom management and instructional support to students
- Support and assist students in learning class material using and providing students with individualized attention while the classroom teacher is providing virtual instruction
- Supervise students during transition times throughout the school day (bathroom breaks, recess, arrival, and dismissal)
- Assists with instruction as supervised by building administrator and or the teacher
- Assists with collecting and distributing materials as directed by building administrator and/or teacher
- Assist with implementation of behavior management plans as directed by building administrator and/or teacher
- Ability to troubleshoot with technology and support students with assignments that they are responsible for completing during the school day
- Assist students in carrying out routine classroom procedures
- Attend work daily and is engaged and on task
- Maintains the same high level of confidentiality of information about students as is expected of licensed teachers
- Performs other duties as assigned
High school graduate and 60 credit hours from an accredited college/university, or a Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Must be able to follow oral and written directions and be able to control a student group independent of an immediate supervisor. Must possess a working knowledge of computers; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Desire to help teachers and students and ability to communicate effectively.
THE TEMPORARY HIRING PROCESS IS HANDLED BY THE PRINCIPAL AT THE SCHOOL LEVEL.
FOR POSITION SPECIFIC QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT DONAHOE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL at 804-328-4035.
How To Apply
To be considered for the listed vacancy, you must submit an online application, and mail, fax, or hand-deliver three signed reference letters and college transcripts to:
Henrico County Public Schools
Department of Human Resources
P.O. Box 23120
3820 Nine Mile Rd
Henrico, VA 23223
Fax: (804) 652-3763
The School Board of Henrico County is committed to nondiscrimination with regard to sex (including pregnancy), gender, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification), in employment or in its programs and activities.
EOE/Accommodations Upon Request
Amount of Travel
Work At Home