DR MARTIN LUTHER KING JR EARLY COLLEGE
Hourly, benefits eligible with minimum hours
Salary Range: $16,131 - $18,706 based on an annual rate.
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Administers and manages activities within a specific area of a responsibility. Serves as the subject matter expert and applies gained knowledge to execute, maintain and improve systems, programs, or processes. Builds the capacity of the Teaching Academy to achieve the learning and talent hub vision and goals. Work collaboratively with school Instructional Leadership Team and the Teacher Pathways Team to ensure successful execution of the Service Agreement; meet with Teacher Pathways Team monthly to assess progress and plan to adjust course as needed; Preservice and Mentor Teacher Effectiveness: Build instructional leadership capacity of mentor teachers; Monitor preservice teacher effectiveness; Develop cohort learning experiences for preservice teachers and mentor teachers. Partnership: Work closely with prep partners to ensure mentors and preservice teachers are meeting program expectations; Ensure alignment between program and DPS evaluation systems; identify and recruit potential mentor teachers for the future.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Effectively handle multiple demands and competing deadlines
- Aptitude for variety and changing expectations and fast-paced environment
- 3+ years of relevant experience
* Bachelors degree in Teacher Development or related field.
- Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
- Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
- Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
- Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.