Title: Coordinator of Facilities and Member Services
Who We Are https://recreation.duke.edu/about-us
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Duke Recreation and Physical Education reaffirms our commitment to fighting racism and supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is our mission to build awareness and leadership around anti-racism by generating transformative conversations, tangible changes, and experiences through assessment, intentional actions, and holding our community accountable. The Coordinator of Facilities and Member Services will work to cultivate a safe, anti-racist, equitable and inclusive community and environment. This will be done through education as well as the identification and removal of barriers for staff and/or participants.
Reports to the Assistant Director of Facilities and Reservations. This position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service in the execution of daily operations that address members' and guests' expectations and needs. This position is responsible for developing and coordinating promotions and marketing to retain members and create awareness of Recreation & Physical Education offerings. The Coordinator of Facilities and Member Services is responsible for the management of Innosoft’s Fusion Software and sales by providing customer service and attending events and functions for membership recruitment.
- Collaborate with Assistant Director of Facilities to determine and implement policies governing member services to maintain the integrity of Recreation & Physical Education, Duke Athletics, and Duke University.
- Responsible for managing the administration of the recreation member services process university-wide.
- Create a member-focused culture and model relationship building in all interactions. Foster a climate of inclusion and innovation while resolving problems and ensuring member satisfaction.
- Manage the ongoing relationship with OIT/DukeCard office and the Recreation & Physical Education Facilities staff to consult and resolve member and guest issues.
- Attend orientations, health and wellness fairs, and various university events to promote Recreation & Physical Education. Supervise and implement the campus outreach membership initiative across campus.
- Review and track controllable spending to stay within budget. Participates in budget planning by forecasting membership projections, tracking and monitoring membership numbers, approving expenditures, prioritizing and re-prioritizing activities within the general work plan.
- Track and evaluate membership offerings and develop alternate and additional options as necessary to maximize the membership numbers while maintaining excellent customer service.
- Identify data that will be collected and evaluated to support initiatives and make it available to appropriate affiliates and departments to report progress as needed.
- Support and elevate the university and department’s commitment to anti-racism and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Independently interpret and effectively communicate reservation guidelines and University Policies, Regulations and Rules that reference solicitation and use of University space to a diverse population of students, staff and non-university affiliated patrons.
- Responsible for processing reservation requests from Virtual EMS (Event Management Software), event request forms, post event assessment, phone calls and in person interactions.
- Prioritize and process event reservation requests for Duke Recreation and Physical Education managed facilities and event spaces. Incumbent will independently review and assign appropriate space, billing structure, and client notifications as outlined within the reservation guidelines and University Policies, Regulations and Rules.
- Oversee member services desk and facility monitor staffing, including hiring, training, and supervising 45-50 front desk employees shared between two facilities.
- Develop an ongoing staff training in support of customer service and departmental Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives
- Ensure appropriate scheduling for all hours of operation.
- Display a commitment to staff development and ability to motivate and work closely with student and non-student employees.
-Meet or exceed established membership revenue targets.
- Serve as administrator for computerized memberships and sales software program (Fusion).
- Processes all membership change and cancellation transactions and deposits. Maintain accurate financial records for quarterly and annual reporting.
- Manage the Duke Recreation and Physical Education member messaging efforts, including overseeing daily, weekly, and monthly email communications regarding membership expirations, DEI initiatives, balances on account, and new member welcome messages.
- Coordinate the member retention program, including member appreciation events, renewals, retention reward programs, and member exit surveys. Solicit and synthesize member feedback and recommend and implement membership improvement efforts.
Bachelor's degree preferably in recreation administration, sports management, business management, or related field from an accredited institution. A minimum of one year of experience in recreation membership, customer service, supervising, and utilizing sales systems. Must have CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications or obtain within two months of employment. Must possess or be able to obtain a valid driver's license.
Master's degree preferably in recreation administration, sports management, business management, or related field from an accredited institution. At least three years of increasingly
responsible experience in recreation operations, customer service, utilization of recreation membership systems, and supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Fusion. Ability to communicate with diverse populations. Demonstrated understanding and a solid commitment to a customer service orientation. Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relationships. This includes, but is not limited to, such actions as resolution of conflicts in a professional manner; courteous treatment of staff, faculty, students, alumni, and visitors; respect of others' property and person; and professional and appropriate communication and about, co-workers and supervisors. Utilize sound judgment, reliability, initiative, and resourcefulness. Knowledge of risk management planning. Ability to prepare financial reports, statistical reports, inventory control, budget management, and personnel development. Share the responsibility of the mission, strategic planning, and goals for Recreation & Physical Education.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skills generally acquired through completionof a bachelor's degree program.
Work requires one year of experience in program administration or OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE involving academic, instructional or counseling activities to acquire skills necessary to plan, coordinate and implement a variety of program activities and events.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.