Barbering Instructor (2022-23 SY)
Henrico, VA, US
HCPS - ACE Center at Virginia Randolph
Henrico County Public Schools is one of the six largest county public school divisions in Virginia with a nationally recognized educational program. Henrico County is a suburban community surrounding the city of Richmond, VA. We are 104 miles from the Atlantic Ocean to the east; 94 miles from the scenic Sky Line Drive to the west; 106 miles from Washington, D.C. to the north; and 75 miles from the North Carolina border to the south.
Henrico County Public Schools, an innovative leader in educational excellence, will actively engage our students in diverse learning experiences that inspire and empower them to become contributing citizens.
General Statement of Duties
- The selected candidate must instruct students in Basic Barbering theory and manipulation skills which will enable students to prepare for the State Board of Barbering Licensing examination and the world of work.
- The selected candidate should be able to support students in a clinical lab setting using mannequins and live models for manipulative practice.
- The selected candidate should be prepared to provide student instruction in the areas of safety and sanitation, communication, and management skills. Related areas of study include psychology, ethics, and professional image.
- Demonstrates an understanding of pedagogy, course curriculum, subject content, and the developmental needs of students
- Displays an understanding of the diverse needs of students and adjusts learning accordingly
- Engages in short and long-term planning using data, the CTE competencies the district’s curriculum, other effective strategies, resources, and technology to meet the needs of all students.
- Plans time realistically for pacing, content mastery, and learning transitions
- Designs authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources
- Active member of an instructional team that consistently reviews student learning data, shares ideas with colleagues and evaluates resources for appropriateness.
- Effectively engages students in rigorous and relevant learning through a variety of instructional strategies in order to meet the needs of all students and the complex requirements of 21st century citizenship.
- Develop business partnerships that support program goals
- Sponsor an active student organization, SkillsUSA, and support student participate in competitions
Must hold or be eligible for a teaching license or Technical Professional License in the state of VA and hold a valid Professional Barbering license.
Interested candidates without a teaching license will be required to provide evidence that they have worked in this field for a two-year continuous period within the last five years span. This evidence will include a completed Work Experience Verification Form signed and dated by your previous employer(s).
The start date for this position was July 5, 2022. The annual compensation for this assignment will be prorated from the official start date.
Minimum Starting Annual Salary:
- B. S. - Minimum Salary - $57,708.06
- M. S. - Minimum Salary - $60,478.19
How To Apply
To be considered for this vacancy, you should upload where available copies of college transcripts, industry certifications, and teaching licenses onto our online application platform located at henricoschools.us/careers/. Additionally, your application should be supported by three (3) written references.
Henrico County Public Schools
Department of Human Resources
P. O. Box 23120
3820 Nine Mile Road
Henrico, VA 23223
The School Board of Henrico County is committed to nondiscrimination with regard to sex (including pregnancy), gender, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification), in employment or in its programs and activities.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home