Math Teacher (2021-22 SY)
Henrico, VA, US
HCPS - Henrico High School
Henrico County Public Schools is the sixth-largest public school division in Virginia. The division serves more than 50,000 students in its 72 schools and program centers. Our nearly 7,000 full-time employees include 3,800 teachers. Students and parents speak more than 85 languages and represent more than 100 countries. Academic excellence, innovation, and opportunity are hallmarks of Henrico County Public Schools.HCPS also leads central Virginia in teachers certified by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, the profession's highest mark of accomplishment.
Henrico County, Virginia, is a diverse community of more than 320,000 which wraps west, north, and east of the independent city and state capital of Richmond. We are 104 miles from the Atlantic Ocean; 94 miles east of the scenic Skyline Drive and 106 miles south of Washington, D.C. The Richmond area is 75 miles north of the North Carolina border.
Our Mission: Henrico County Public Schools, an innovative leader in educational excellence, will actively engage our students in diverse learning experiences that inspire and empower them to become contributing citizens.
General Statement of Duties
Successful candidates should possess an ability to use and evaluate instructional materials and resources, including technology, that support the curriculum of high school math.
- Demonstrates an understanding of pedagogy, course curriculum, subject content, and the developmental needs of students
- Displays an understanding of the diverse needs of students and adjusts learning accordingly
- Engages in short and long-term planning using data, the Virginia Standards of Learning, the district’s curriculum, other effective strategies, resources, and technology to meet the needs of all students.
- Plans time realistically for pacing, content mastery, and learning transitions
- Designs authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources
- Active member of an instructional team that consistently reviews student learning data, shares ideas with colleagues and evaluates resources for appropriateness.
- Effectively engages students in rigorous and relevant learning through a variety of instructional strategies in order to meet the needs of all students and the complex requirements of 21st century citizenship.
- Builds productive relationships with students and provides an empowering student-centered learning environment that is equitable, inclusive, respectful, and supportive.
- Creates a supportive learning environment for all students that encourages social interaction, embraces diversity, promotes active engagement in learning, and fosters self-motivation
- Maintains Impeccable character at all time with a commitment to personal professional ethics.
- Models for students, professional and ethical standards as well as personal integrity, sound judgment, and self-control in all interaction
- Bachelor's degree with an endorsement in math and a valid teaching license.
- Applicants with relevant college course work and passing Praxis test scores will be considered
Minimum Starting Salary:
- B.S. $48,032.80
- M.S $50,338.49
How To Apply
To be considered for this vacancy, you should upload three (3) written references, your college transcripts (unofficial copies will suffice at this point), and a copy of your teaching license onto our online application platform located at henricoschools.us/careers/.
Henrico County Public Schools
Department of Human Resources
P. O. Box 23120
3820 Nine Mile Road
Henrico, VA 23223
Fax: (804) 652-3763
The School Board of Henrico County is committed to nondiscrimination with regard to sex (including pregnancy), gender, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification), in employment or in its programs and activities.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home