The Director, Credit Risk Management role is focused on credit risk strategy development for the T-Mobile for Business wireless service and financing customers.
This role will lead a team of credit risk professionals and statisticians to evaluate credit risk and develop innovative credit strategies. Functionally, the role will focus on exceeding business and bad debt targets in the new and existing account segments.
This leader will possess a thorough understanding of loan origination practices, credit underwriting processes, and portfolio management practices, including loss forecasting and loan loss mitigation techniques. This leader will demonstrate superior problem solving and relationship development skills. The role involves advocating for credit risk goals in T-Mobile marketing and sales organization forums that determine go-to-market strategies for the line-of-business. This role will help shape credit risk management philosophy and approach.
What you'll do in your role.
- Lead and champion the development of credit strategies, exceeding quality, innovation and value expectations. Strategies include new account origination and existing account management.
- Set and drive the credit strategy innovation agenda. Review and critique analysis, suggesting alternative analytical approaches or methods as appropriate.
- Represent Credit Risk Management as credit risk advisor and leader for cross-functional and Enterprise projects and initiatives. This includes engaging and maintaining positive stakeholder relationships with T-Mobile for Business LOB, Marketing, Accounting, and Device Financing leadership.
- Plan, present, and communicate with business leaders the insights gained through data analysis and credit risk strategy development, including quantifying financial and business impacts of implementing new strategies.
- Lead and grow the team's data, analysis and process generation capabilities; ensuring credit strategy goals are met using exceptional data transformations and innovative tools.
- Ensure effective governance and application of credit risk policies and other financial modeling decisions across the enterprise.
- Coach, manage and grow the credit strategy practice, through leadership by example and proactive team management; focus on developing leaders for the credit risk team.
The experience you'll bring.
- 10 years’ experience leading credit risk management teams in mid- to large-sized consumer lending, business lending or credit services companies; delivering superior credit and financial performance.
- Deep credit data expertise and experience delivering innovative data-first credit solutions.
- Combined experience in financial services and business (small or corporate) credit is preferred.
- Experience with retail credit industry receivables management, credit decision system technology, and business credit underwriting is a plus.
- Strong credit process, loan underwriting and decision flow acumen.
CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Superior and proactive problem-solving skills
- Credit strategy innovation focus
- Leadership and resource development capabilities
- Senior stakeholder management capabilities
- Optimistic and energetic leader who can create a positive working environment
- Decisive leader who is able to move business forward quickly while balancing time, cost, and quality
- Ability to convey a clear course and sense of direction and understand the external/internal environment
- Relatable, personable, and approachable
- Comfortable and effective working in a cross-functional, matrixed organization. Able to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals
- Ability to influence and obtain buy-in across all levels; possesses executive maturity
- Results-focused and business savvy
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment with a desire for a high level of responsibility/ownership