Job Description SummaryThe MUSC Physician Recruitment team is seeking a Physician and Provider Recruiter to facilitate full-cycle recruitment for physicians and APP's at MUSC, including compliance with standardized recruitment processes, protocols, procedures and timelines. The Physician and Provider Recruiter must be able to successfully develop and deliver highly sought after provider talent and act as a brand ambassador for the system and the communities we serve.
EntityUniversity Medical Associates (UMA) Only Employees and Financials
Cost CenterCC001939 UMA CORP EXEC MUSC Physician Recruitment CC
Pay Rate TypeSalary
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
The MUSC Physician Recruitment team is seeking a Physician and Provider Recruiter to facilitate full-cycle recruitment for physicians and APP's at MUSC, including compliance with standardized recruitment processes, protocols, procedures and timelines. The Physician and Provider Recruiter must be able to successfully develop and deliver highly sought after provider talent and act as a brand ambassador for the system and the communities we serve.
The right candidate must be able to successfully, manage, prioritize and fill searches against a timeline. He or she will draw on extensive knowledge of Talent Acquisition and functional areas of the industry while forging dynamic relationships with internal and external clients. The Provider Recruiter will excel at building relationships and compelling communication, as well as demonstrate persistence and a commitment to continuous improvement. The Provider Recruiter will report to the MUSC Director of Physician Recruitment.
Required Minimum Education and Work Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
· Minimum of three years physician recruitment experience required (demonstrated full life cycle experience)
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with physician and business partners at all levels of the organization
· Excellent organizational, written and verbal communications skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (i.e. Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.), internet research, data base functionality, etc.
· Strong customer service focus; ability to influence internal and external customers
Degree of Supervision
Ability to function independently (minimal direct supervision) yet work effectively on a team Required Licensures, Registrations, Certifications: N/A
Job Duties (list job tasks)
· Primary Responsibilities
· Actively contribute to the success of physician and provider recruitment at MUSC, including compliance with standardized recruitment processes, protocols, procedures and timelines, including, but not limited to, the following:
· Successfully complete assigned physician searches from initial approval through final negotiations
· Preparation of a comprehensive profile of the open position and practice, including challenges, barriers to successful recruitment and candidate parameters
· Review of specialty compensation benchmarks to MUSC compensation; make recommendations as required
· In collaboration with the sourcing strategist, develop and implement targeted candidate acquisition strategies including budget by assigned search. Review with System Director for Physician and Provider Recruitment
· Screen, qualify and thoroughly vet candidates using established MUSC recruiting guidelines and tools
· Preparation and distribution of written candidate paperwork including interview notes, summaries, curriculum vitaes, references, NPDB self-query, etc.
· Serve as primary contact for physician candidates throughout the recruitment process, including facilitation of the on-site interview for candidates and spouses, significant others, partners, etc., assistance with the offer, contract negotiations as needed
· Utilize recruitment expertise to educate, consult and collaborate with physician and administrative business partners regarding the MUSC physician recruitment process, market availability of candidates, compensation, specialty trends, etc.
· Maintain a departmental knowledge base that includes a comprehensive physician recruitment tool kit including MUSC Practice Profiles, specialty training programs and contact information, current compensation trends by specialty, candidate acquisition methodologies by specialty
· Develop/ maintain relationships with targeted residency/ fellowship programs to enhance recruitment pipeline
· Contribute to, utilize and extract reports from the departmental recruitment database
· In collaboration with business partners (i.e. marketing and IS departments) maintain current information for the physician landing page of the MUSC web site
· Ability to problem-solve and generate creative solutions to recruitment challenges while working effectively with physicians, administrative staff and business partners
· Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities and a diverse workload while achieving results in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
· Ability to work some extended hours as needed
· Other duties as assigned
· Support Responsibilities
· Communication: Maintain accurate candidate and open position files to provide immediate search information as requested; prepare written recruitment summaries or other reports as requested. Participate in recruitment meetings as requested; keep the
System Director of Physician and Provider Recruitment and other business partners regularly informed about search progress
· Quality: Perform duties per established professional and ethical standards of MUSC
· Professional Development: Maintain an up-to-date knowledge base of the physician recruitment marketplace including: Fraud and abuse statutes (Stark) inurement, overall marketplace knowledge, specialty trends, etc.
Continuous requirements are to perform job functions while standing, walking and sitting. Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, climb stairs, reach in all directions, fully use both hands and legs, possess good finger dexterity, perform repetitive motions with hands/wrists/elbows and shoulders, reach in all directions. Maintain 20/40 vision corrected, see and recognize objects close at hand and at a distance, work in a latex safe environment and work indoors. Frequently lift and/or carry objects weighing 20 lbs (+/-) unassisted. Lift from 36” to overhead 15 lbs. Infrequently work in dusty areas and confined/cramped spaces.
Additional Job DescriptionEducation: Bachelors Degree or equivalent Work Experience: 2-4 years
If you like working with energetic enthusiastic individuals, you will enjoy your career with us!
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.
Medical University of South Carolina participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees