Credit Risk organization at T-Mobile is not your typical Financial Services Credit Risk team – it is the team that disrupts and innovates in Credit Risk strategies in support of the UNCARRIER mission!!!
We are looking for an individual with a superior blend of Business Intelligence skills, Reporting insights, Critical thinking, advanced presentation skills, solid Credit Risk experience and People skills. You will work closely with the Credit Risk Management leadership team, Consumer and T-Mobile for Business [TfB] Credit Strategy, Modeling and Collections Strategy teams to develop/maintain Credit Risk Reporting insights and solve ad-hoc customer behavior problems.
You will also be hiring & leading a team of BI/Reporting professionals with broad people management responsibilities focused on talent development and retention. You will be expected to be a hands-on leader and develop talent in your team through leadership-by-example and coaching.
You and your team will own and be responsible for developing & maintaining Reporting and Insights to support various parts of the Credit Risk organization. You will partner with other functional teams in T-Mobile for deployment of BI solutions, Reporting insights and providing read outs to leadership based on performance insights & analytics.
You must be able to manipulate large amounts of data and extract key insights from it using analytical concepts, and then be able to take it up a notch by clearly and concisely communicating actionable recommendations to leadership. You will be expected to represent Credit Risk Management team in the role of a credit data and insights.
What you'll do in your role.
- Hiring & leading a growing team of BI/Reporting professionals, while building a strong culture around results and values with a focus on talent development and retention
- Develop a deep understanding of industry, corporate, credit risk and customer drivers to leverage BI and Reporting insights of all aspects of customer lifecycle.
- Develop, maintain & monitor Credit Risk Reporting including but not limited to Originations, Fraud, Portfolio, Collections & model performance while understanding the impact to losses and profitability.
- Perform a leadership role on BI tools & environment, Report development & governance, working closely with team and stakeholders to understand key business issues
- Manage both ends of the spectrum: Work with developers and data engineers to improve data quality while working with internal clients to understand BI/Reporting requirements and manage multiple deliverables
- Lead the team to solve ad-hoc customer behavior problems using analytical approaches
The experience you'll bring.
- 7+ years of professional hands-on experience in Business Analysis, BI, Reporting or similar function
- 3+ year of experience managing teams of BI/Reporting professionals
- Bachelor's in Finance, Economics, Mathematics. Statistics or related degree required. Master’s Degree in Analytics, MIS, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Statistics or related degree preferred
- Strong proficiency in SQL, ideally across multiple environments such as Oracle & SQL Server
- Solid data visualization skills and expertise in tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Hands-on experience with SAS and understanding of other machine learning software a plus
- Superior skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint required
- Experience with cloud environments/tools such as AWS, Azure, Databricks, Snowflake a plus
- Superior communication, organization, presentation and project management skills
- Strong people management and team building skills with a drive for results
- Superior time management skills and awareness of project management methods
- Financial services, Credit risk experience a plus
- Wireless / Telecom experience a plus