T-Mobile is looking for a customer-obsessed, analytical, and creative Sr Software Engineer for the T-Mobile Marketing Solutions (TMS) group within Emerging Businesses. Our team is changing the way we think about data and how it can be leveraged to solve new problems. TMS's mission is to create new solutions in the advertising space utilizing T-Mobile network data, retail, and platform assets. You will be a part of the core engineering team providing thought leadership, implementation and ongoing support of our advertising platform. You will be part of a full stack engineering team working primarily in Node.js, VueJS, Postgres and Snowflake running on AWS.
What you'll do in your role.
- Technical System Expertise: Understands web protocols, how full stack applications operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to independently develop and iterate on a full software stack. Understands the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete software and automation work. Independent study of current technology is expected.
- Innovation: Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which improve on existing and new system/process/service. Contributes to designs to implement new ideas which utilize new frameworks to improve an existing or new system/process/service. Understands and can apply new industry perspectives to our existing business model. Review existing designs and processes to highlight more efficient ways to complete existing workload more effectively through industry perspectives.
- Technical Writing: Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents. Writes basic documentation on how new features work. Creates clear documentation for new code and systems used.
- Technical Leadership: Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions. Continuously learns and teaches others existing and new technologies. Contributes to the development of others through mentoring or in house workshops and learning sessions.
- Technology Strategy: Contributes to new and existing technology options that support business goals.
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
The experience you'll bring.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
4-7 years software development experience