Principal/Supervisor and Classroom Teachers
Open Until Filled
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Working knowledge of effective methods of dealing with children.
- Working knowledge of the core subjects at the grade level.
- Knowledge of the school organization and its community.
- Basic knowledge of expected behavior of children, that is, basic characteristics of ages and stages.
- Ability to operate a variety of technology.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other school personnel.
- Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations
- Ability to solve independently most minor problems.
- Ability to follow minimally detailed written and oral instructions without constant supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student information.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Two year Associate’s Degree in Education preferred
- Associate’s Degree required (must include an emphasis in mathematics, reading, writing and content knowledge)
- Minimum 2.5 GPA required
- ETTP course completion and dated certificate must be obtained within the first school year of employment (to register for ETTP, contact ETTP@onslow.k12.nc.us)
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 months
SALARY: Pay Grade TA56
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Follows all rules, policies, and procedures of OCS, along with state and federal regulations pertaining to school issues.
- Assists in classroom/student management and maintaining discipline.
- Gives group instruction as prescribed by teacher.
- Provides individualized instruction.
- Demonstrates various instructional activities.
- Prepares visual aids and instructional materials.
- Assesses student work as instructed by teacher.
- Assists in recording student behavior, progress, and other related data.
- Constantly monitors the safety and well-being of students in all areas of the school environment.
- Distributes and collects instructional materials.
- Assists students with digital age learning in the classroom.
- Encourages and supports academic growth of students.
- Models and promotes high level of ethical and appropriate behavior.
- Assists with the needs of all students to include exceptional students.
- Performs other related duties, as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to be physically active, which includes, but is not limited to, standing, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, sitting, and walking, including repetitive motions.
- Ability to stand in excess of 6 hours.
- Ability to lift 15-30 pounds routinely and 30-100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to facilitate the evacuation of students during emergency situations and/or drills.
- Must be able to visually, auditorily, and physically monitor student performance and conduct.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
Onslow County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities.
I have read and understand the requirements for the position of Teacher Assistant. I am able to perform all essential functions of this position.
Employee Name (please print)