This position is accountable for assessing all Enterprise projects to determine potential impacts to the Credit organization. This position will work cross-functionally with stakeholders to manage project scope and timelines. This position will partner with Credit Leadership, the Credit policy team, and the Credit execution team to prioritize projects, determine resourcing requirements in order to manage a program roadmap that includes Enterprise projects, and Credit projects. Position will represent the Credit organization on enterprise wide projects, which may consist of multiple tiered complex projects with high visibility, aggressive schedules, and requiring significant negotiation to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders and achieve specific business goals or objectives. This position is viewed by leadership as a trusted advisor/consultant who utilizes in depth industry, business and/or technical knowledge and Program/Project Management expertise to lead and deliver capabilities that are key the organization's success. This position will partner with the Credit execution team to identify potential collision points with internal resources, technical environments, contractor / vendor resources and budgets.
What you'll do in your role.
Is accountable for and directs others in creation of all project communications. Directs others in the facilitation of team and project meetings.
Identifies potential risks across a broad number of individual projects and programs and establishes communications and mitigations to address them. Communicates risks in clear business terms and technical terms and provides clear messaging and solution options at a senior leadership and executive level in both planned and ad hoc scenarios. Understands what is important to different stakeholders in the business and ensures that their interests are protected as well as the overall program objective throughout project planning and execution.
Creates and assists others in creating a project schedule through defining needed activities, sequencing, resourcing, estimation of durations and resources and negotiates schedule with the team to find creative ways to meet it. Uses and helps others to use the schedule as a communication and management tool to ensure the project stays on schedule, making needed adjustments to address project exceptions and incorporating ways to make delivery more efficient.
Defines scope of Programs. Incorporates strategic factors into Program/Project Scope and recommendations. Influences and manages the factors that create change and scope creep. Can manage and help others to understand the implications of change including legitimate scope shift.
Plans, identifies, and documents the project quality standards. Sets stakeholder and project team expectations and ensures that the deliverables align to business needs. Maintains accountability for the quality of the documentation and deliverables. Adheres and manages to standard processes and change boards. Establishes Go/No-Go decision points and quality control points with the stakeholders to ensure project deliverables meet expectations. Continuously assesses the quality of the documentation and deliverables. Proactively anticipates and mitigates issues through validation and test using Testing methodologies. Uses best judgment to make informed decisions on quality factors that can be compromised. Communicates any gaps in design and sets realistic expectations on deliverables. Follows through and closes all of the defined exceptions.
Attend reoccurring enterprise projects concept initiation review (CIR) meetings to perform project assessments and impact evaluation. Meet with project managers, business and product owners and key department and enterprise stakeholders to discuss impacts, resource assignment, requirements input, test impact. Establish and nurtures internal working relationships across the enterprise for cross functional teamwork.
The experience you'll bring.
- 10 - 12 yrs. project management/program management work experience
- Must be proficient and have experience using MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and MS Project and Visio
- Advanced understanding of PMI principles and practices and proven experience in putting them into practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effectively communicates with all employee levels and levels of management
- Proven experience with identifying & resolving project impacting issues, works with members of the Project Management team and business SMEs/executives to develop and implement viable solutions
- Must typically have a background in the project business area assigned, in order to successfully serve as a conduit between the technical functions and the business clients
- Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering large/complex projects, including project scope, schedule, resources, quality, costs, and change management
- Expert understanding of infrastructure and software development lifecycles
- High School Diploma/GED
- Business Administration, Project Management
- Experience with Credit Risk is a plus
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (SDLC – Software development life cycle)