At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK requires all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Are you looking for your next career challenge? We are excited to be recruiting a Senior Director, Marketing & Communications, Life Sciences & Emerging Technologies, who is ready to join and grow a new domain area for marketing at one of the nation’s leading cancer centers. This role is a critical building block in our strategy to bring to market a greater variety of MSK’s extraordinary inventions that take root in our own research and are cultivated in alignment with our mission and values.
As Sr Director, you will devise and implement go-to-market strategies, plans, and tactics, working closely with our Office of Technology Development (OTD) and Marketing & Communications team. This is a unique challenge of turning an array of innovative cancer therapeutics and data, digital health, and diagnostics assets into a highly visible, competitively positioned, and market-leading portfolio of revenue-generating products aimed at a wide range of potential customers and partners aligned in the larger fight against cancer.
Reporting to our VP of Integrated Marketing & Communications, you will:
- Establish, build, and evolve the core strategic go-to-market framework for the life sciences and emerging technologies product portfolio. Partner with the OTD, research scientists, and others to understand the institution’s strategic priorities, business objectives, our product pipeline, and the MSK ecosystem, to develop a comprehensive marketing & communications strategy.
- Ensure that our go-to-market strategy for this dynamic portfolio is aligned to strategic priorities for the institution, clearly defined, achievable, and provides the guidance and building blocks needed for relevant functions to deliver on short- and long-term goals.
- Foster cross-functional and interdisciplinary relationships, data and knowledge sharing, and build wide-ranging support for our go-to-market strategies. Drive the voice of patients, customers, partners, and other key audiences into the product roadmap and portfolio/product marketing plans.
- Surface partner and customer needs to drive prioritization what, when, and how we launch products. Influence product strategy and prioritization and align marketing investment accordingly.
- Craft competitive analysis and positioning, market/audience research, value propositions, segmentation, messaging, and KPIs to construct go-to-market plans supporting the portfolio and products.
- Lead the interdisciplinary execution of pre-launch and commercial launch timelines and plans designed to drive desired metrics. Work across the department to devise multi-channel brand awareness, content, and demand generation tactics for the portfolio(s) and specific products, targeting both internal and external audiences.
- Monitor, analyze, and report marketing program performance and make recommendations to improve both product offerings and related marketing activities, optimizing program return on investment.
- Identify, recruit and develop talent to grow our team for this domain, over time. Work with appropriate agency partners or other consultants, as needed.
- 12+ years of work experience in a go-to-market, product marketing, product management, or similar role combining strategy and execution. Ability to apply a broad range of business, marketing knowledge, and analytical skills to manage complex work assignments.
- Proven experience building, leading, and scaling integrated marketing program teams and/or previous people management roles.
- Industry or academic experience in life sciences, health care, health care consulting, health technology or software companies
- Ability to develop trusting, highly collaborative professional relationships with colleagues at every level of the organization, spanning multiple departments and functions. Desire to bring others along, solicit input, and work collaboratively.
- Outstanding writing, editing, presentation, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to synthesize sophisticated information or convey complex ideas in accessible and relatable terms.
- Enthusiasm for and dedication to MSK’s mission
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability |
We believe in communication, openness, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.