Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Teacher’s Assistant for Kindergarten
This position is one year only.
Position: 9.5 Months
Hours: Monday-Friday,7 hours
Starting Pay: 11.50/hr with 60 hours of college credit
12.50/hr with 4 year degree
Starting when students return to in person learning.
POSITION SUMMARY (Primary purpose of job, why the job exists at Parkway)
To improve the educational program by assisting the instructional and administrative staff. The Teaching Assistant will assist full-time teachers, reinforcing materials and lessons covered in the classroom to facilitate student learning. Under the direction of a certified teacher, performs a variety of classroom, general, and clerical duties related to assisting a student.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (Major duties which the position exists to perform)
- Performs supportive instructional tasks under the direction of a certified staff member.
- Supervise classrooms in emergency situations.
- Monitors students during independent work activities and provides assistance as needed.
- Provides tutorial assistance to students in one-to-one or small group arrangements.
- Provides practice and reinforcement activities for students as follow-up to direct instruction provided by the classroom teacher.
- Assists in preparation of instructional materials
- Performs supportive behavior management tasks under the direction of a certified staff member.
- Assists in implementing the classroom behavior management system as designed by a certified staff member.
- Provides emotional support and encouragement to students.
- Assists in the supervision of students throughout the school day (e.g., provides support services within regular classroom, loading/unloading of buses, lunch, recess, restroom, movement throughout the school building).
- Assists certified staff with clerical duties as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL DUTIES () (“Non-essential” duties which are NOT critical to the position, but which the incumbent may be asked to perform)
- Supervise Adventure Club students on Parkway early release days.
Education | Teaching