Ready to join T-Mobile, and help uproot stagnant industry norms? Then come join T-Mobile's Video Technology team in Denver, CO! This position will be part of a team responsible for the design, development and implementation of advanced advertising platform for the video delivery ecosystem. This position will be part of team of video system engineers performing research, design, development and implementation of a video processing and distribution platform focusing on technology enablement.
What you'll do in your role.
- Design, development, integration and testing of complex Ad delivery and insertion systems, using technologies such as VAST, SCTE-130, SCTE-35 and other ad related standards
- Design, development and integration of CMS (Content Management Systems) technologies and Ads Inventory systems for Ads acquisition, encoding, inventory, warehousing, inventory and delivery of both Ad creatives and content
- Development and engineering of ad decisioning and routing systems, such as Google Ad Manager, Freewheel, etc.
- Work closely with Advertisement Business Strategy group to implement technical solutions to meet and exceed the business requirements
- Driving and innovating on industry standard for ad insertion and delivery technology
- Systems architecture, development, engineering and execution of deliverables and timelines based on the roadmap for the Video Technology team
- Maintains communication of project statuses and drives for continued improvement in quality and availability of each the systems and product
- Develop product instrumentation and test automation
- Provide strategic technical guidance to vendors for development of cutting and bleeding edge technology, while ensuring task prioritization, high performance output and managing dynamic timetables
- Write formal requirements and specifications documents; including working with vendors to develop, integrate and test hardware/software while building and documenting standardized installation procedures
- Develop and adherence to robust policy document, management and controls for system deployments and updates
- Collaborate and communicate with the Systems Planning and Engineering, Product Engineering, Operation and Systems Integration/Test teams within the organization for meeting objectives and deliverables, and to develop an in-depth understanding of our video product, innovate and identify/resolve issues
- Guide the development of system instrumentation, monitoring, reporting and test automation
- Forecasting the software needs for development and deployments, assisting in development in Capital Expenditure and Operational Expenditure projections
- Travel as needed, to various corporate and market locations
The experience you'll bring.
- VAST, VPAID, VMAP, SCTE-130, SCTE-35 and other ad related standards
- Experience with Ads metadata, such as CableLabs ADI 1.1 and ADI 3.0
- Experience working with XML and web service tools including SOAP and REST
- Experience in agile software development methodology and environment
- Experience development and support of production systems and experience working within a 24x7 operations environment supporting Linux, UNIX and Windows systems
- Experience developing in virtualized server environments and rapid software deployment tools, including tools such as Docker, Jenkins, GitHub, Kubernetes, Puppet, etc.
- Must have experience troubleshooting and root-cause analysis with complex systems using test tools, logs, network management systems and error reporting systems to determine and resolve problems
- Working knowledge of Internet service operations and digital cable operations preferred
- 5+ years' experience in systems architecture
- Understanding of video platforms and systems such as; Content Acquisition, Video Encoding, Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Content Management Systems (CMS), etc.