T-Mobile is the nation’s Un-carrier and the fastest growing US wireless company thanks to an unconventional philosophy built on listening to customers and disrupting the status quo. For the past six years, we’ve been pounding out a steady drumbeat of industry-rocking Un-carrier moves that are changing US wireless for good. Our unique story and breakout voice have been key to our success. And as 5G delivers broadband-like wireless speeds, and entertainment and mobile converge, we’re looking to bring our disruptive, Un-carrier customer-focused ways to the TV and ISP markets if the merger with Sprint is approved.
That’s why we’re looking for a creative, multi-talented PR rock-star to lead the communications strategy and execution around our home and entertainment division, and as we prepare to disrupt literally the most-hated industry on the planet with the proposed new T-Mobile: cable TV and home ISP services. This is a huge opportunity to be part of the team establishing a new market for the proposed new T-Mobile, change perceptions and help millions of consumers free themselves from big cable and the cord-cutting-cluster.
This person will quarterback communications for these business areas, be the deep subject matter expert on these products for PR team, set strategy, direct agency resources, participate in T-Mobile's fast-paced communication planning process, and partner very closely with the Entertainment and Home division, marketing, and other stakeholders including critically-important content partners and talent to develop and execute external communications strategy and content.
We’re looking for someone who can dig in and drive action themselves as well as lead and coach others. Your work will be in the spotlight daily, and you’ll need to be a collaboration ninja to get it all done. We're looking for a fast-moving critical thinker who drives results and knows how to get them through others cross-functionally, comes up with creative approaches and solutions, and rolls up their sleeves to get sh*t done.
What you'll do in your role.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for:
- Raising awareness and consideration for T-Mobile and our future entertainment offerings and in-home internet service via earned and owned media – including product launches, expansion of products/offerings, sustaining momentum, maintaining and/or developing relationships with key trade media and more.
- Developing the Un-carrier home and entertainment narrative, and driving awareness of T-Mobile’s offerings with trade, consumer and wireless media.
- Measuring results and adjusting strategy as needed.
- Partnering with stakeholders across corporate communications, in T-Mobile’s Home and Entertainment division, marketing and other teams to develop breakthrough PR.
- Managing agency resources.
The experience you'll bring.
While the quality and accomplishments of a person’s career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- 8-10 years’ experience in public relations and/or developing & managing complex communication plans in a fast-paced, high-volume agency or corporate environment.
- Consumer public relations expertise.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills and organizational skills with a history of anticipating issues and taking proactive action to develop and implement an appropriate response plan.
- Exceptional writing abilities and presentation skills including experience such as a lead spokesperson and understanding of the digital space.
- Experience working with and counseling senior-level leadership
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Experience with well-known consumer product brands.
- Experience in other areas—or working with other areas—such as web marketing, social media, public relations, corporate communications or reputation management.
- Background in technology and understanding of entertainment / TV industry.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Thrives in a fast-paced culture of change and innovation; Agile pro who is confident and cool under pressure and who lets a little craziness roll off your back.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude with a bias towards action; a self-starter who takes initiative rather than waiting for direction; general ass-kicker.
- A strategic thinker; able to see how owned content can drive the business.
- Analytics oriented; your best insights are rooted in data.
- Excellent follow-through skills – you do what you say you’ll do and dot the i’s.
- Strong attention to detail with a relentless focus on quality.
- A team player who can also have a little fun at work.