Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
- ESSENTIAL AND IMPORTANT DUTIES:
- Serve as a positive role model to the players and parents
- Teach volleyball techniques, playing rules, strategies and playing tactics
- Condition athletes appropriately for activities requiring endurance, strength and agility
- Preside over team activities including all scheduled team practices and games
- Teach sportsmanship, cooperation, work ethic and responsibility to one’s team
- Monitor players personal conduct during games
- Manage equipment and playing facilities in a responsible manner
- Performs related duties as required
- Reports information to supervisor
- Written and oral communication skills required to communicate with parents, athletic director, principal, and students effectively
- Positively motivate student athletes to learn volleyball strategies, complete coursework, and become a positive school role model
Ability to work well with student athletes of various ability levels, basic knowledge of volleyball, willingness to learn
and follow District rules and guidelines regarding middle school sports; prior coaching experience is helpful but not required.
the required knowledge and skills is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and skills
Ability to: Follow oral and written instructions; work cooperatively with other; be neat, orderly
and honest; work weekdays, weekends and holidays as needed; interpret policies and procedures.
Athletics & Activities