Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
License and Certification Qualifications: Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and first aid certification required. Licensure/certification in a health related field preferred.
Education Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience Qualifications: Medical or health related experience preferred.
Skills Qualifications: Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations; ability to communicate and relate to school age children, parents, and adults; ability to organize multiple tasks and prioritize demands; basic record keeping, computer, and data entry skills; ability to manage confidential information; and ability to act as a representative of Gwinnett County Public Schools.
Primary Responsibilities: Provide school health services to students following district guidelines, policies, and procedures under the supervision of the school principal in collaboration with the County School Nurse.
1. Administer first aid and emergency care to students and school staff following district guidelines, policies, and procedures.
2. Obtain student health information as provided by parent/guardian in a timely manner and provide parent/guardian with health management plan forms as appropriate.
3. Maintain a current medical alert list of all students with health conditions identified by the parent/guardian.
4. Communicate necessary medical information/school health concerns in a timely manner to appropriate school personnel, parents/guardians and the County School Nurse.
5. Execute health care procedures as designated by the principal after completion of training by a County School Nurse.
6. Administer medications or assist students who self administer medications following district guidelines and procedures.
7. Document all student health services in an accurate, appropriate, and timely manner and retain clinic records following district guidelines.
8. Provide a supportive atmosphere for students and staff while assuring appropriate clinic use.
9. Order and maintain adequate and appropriate clinic supplies and equipment following district guidelines.
10. Maintain a substitute notebook in the event of an absence and notify the County School Nurse that there will be a substitute in the school clinic.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time. Employee is also required to talk, hear, stand, and walk. The employee may be required to use hands to touch, handle, feel, and/or reach. Employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.