Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
We are currently accepting applications for a Family School Liaison at Smith-Hale Middle School. If interested please complete and submit an application in AppliTrack.
$35,525 - $40,620 annual salary
(dependent upon experience and qualifications)
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree plus two years of experience working with children and families in a community setting, preferably in schools. Master’s degree in a social service discipline plus one year of experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record required.
- Ability to work effectively with elementary, middle, and high school students.
- Demonstrable interest in working with “at risk” students.
- Demonstrated clinical work skills with individuals, groups, and families
- Strong assessment and diagnostic skills
- Highly collaborative
- Sensitive and responsive to the needs of others
- Resourceful and flexible
- Demonstrate a commitment to continue their professional development individually
- Multi-faceted, multi-skilled, resourceful, and willing to do whatever it takes to help our students
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, be flexible, willing and able to play different roles at the school, and go above and beyond to meet the varied and constant needs of the students
- Excellent organizational, communication and facilitation skills
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to the Hickman Mills C-1 School District’s mission and vision
- Demonstrated success in working in an urban setting
- Knowledge of McKinney Vento guidelines
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in attendance management
If any questions please contact Karina at (816) 316- 7217
All persons recommended for employment must pay for ($44.80) and pass an extensive background check through the Division of Family Services, the Missouri Highway Patrol, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
The Hickman Mills C-1 School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Associate Superintendent of Human Resources, 5401 E 103rd St, Kansas City, MO 64137 816-316-7000. For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/CFAPPS/OCR/contactus.cfm for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.