Job no: 545476
Entity: MUSC Physicians University Medical Associates
Sub Department: UMA11-040-DPT/Special Projects
Work type: Full-Time
Employee Type: MUSCP - Staff
Location: Charleston, SC-Downtown
Categories: Administrative & Non-Clinical Professionals
Pay scale: MUSCP-G14: $54,522.21 - $73,667.78 (min - mid)
Entity/Organization: MUSC Physicians (MUSCP)
Hours per week: 40
Scheduled Work Hours/Shift: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Pay Basis/FLSA: Salaried / Exempt
The Senior Business Analyst will assist the Director of Strategic Finance and Business Initiatives for MUSC Physicians by performing a variety of data analyses, including supporting MUSC Physicians Chief Financial Officer with financial analysis of operations, financial projections, new service proposals, additional provider manpower analysis, and financial reporting issues. This position will have a focus on the MUSC Physicians Revenue budget, including facilitation and analysis. Focused on the development of the annual professional revenue budget, this individual directs the growth and alignment of the professional revenue budget by using key operating metrics, identifying underlying critical issues, and working with administrative and operational teams to ensure professional revenue budget accuracy and appropriateness. This position is responsible for ongoing analysis of health care business intelligence information, obtained from a variety of sources, including financial and demographic data. It involves development and preparation of information. It requires the ability to analyze health care business intelligence data from conceptualization through presentation. It requires proficiency with analytical tools, knowledge of data analysis methodology, use of presentation software, strong communication skills and a strong commitment to and affinity for delivering the highest level of customer service.
Required Minimum Training and Education: Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years’ experience in a complex Healthcare Organization. In-depth knowledge of healthcare finance. Master’s degree preferred. Strong skill level in using Budgeting and General Ledger applications as well as supporting software programs, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Required Licensure, Certifications, Registrations: N/A
Degree of Supervision: Reports to the Director of Strategic Finance and Business Initiatives for MUSCP. Indirect supervision, must possess knowledge and ability to meet deadlines and handle most types of request without supervision.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the professional revenue budget. Gather and review required professional revenue budget data inputs. Perform revenue budget analysis (seasonality, charge and collection per wRVU rates, budget to actual reporting). Manage the preparation of revenue budget templates. Consolidate MUSC Physicians revenue budget for MUSC Health Analytics/ Reporting. Perform revenue budgeting and provider dimension maintenance in Axiom.
- Manage Ambulatory space and productivity management. Manage the clinical space reports. Organize and run the Ambulatory Space Committee meetings.
- Provide support for new initiatives including oversight and analytic support for proformas and provide financial projections on projects for end users. Provide details and analysis on key financial drivers for MUSCP leaders. Perform analysis as it supports operations.
- Oversee the RVU committee and serve as the administrative leader of this committee.
- Provide analysis of revenue for funds flow.
Physical Requirements: Continuous requirements are to perform job functions while standing, walking and sitting. Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, climb stairs, reach in all directions, fully use both hands and legs, possess good finger dexterity, perform repetitive motions with hands/wrists/elbows and shoulders, reach in all directions. Maintain 20/40 vision corrected, see and recognize objects close at hand and at a distance, work in a latex safe environment and work indoors. Frequently lift and/or carry objects weighing 20 lbs (+/-) unassisted. Lift from 36” to overhead 15 lbs. Infrequently work in dusty areas and confined/cramped spaces.