Ideal candidate would sit in Overland Park, KS. Other areas where this position could sit is Bellevue, WA, Reston, VA or Atlanta,GA
Builds, develops, and manages a team of developers, who will establish and help in building & maintaining a solid operational data store (ODS) environment. Ability to rapidly deliver world class software solutions to T-Mobile business customers primarily focused on supply chain needs (e.g., Demand planning, Inventory Management, Forward & Reverse logistics, etc.) but expanding into marketing, finance, sales and other areas with similar operational reporting needs. Works very closely with IT partner teams working on multiple projects with operational reporting requirements.
What you'll do in your role.
- Builds staffing plans that ensure management and development teams are staffed with skill sets required to enhance existing systems as well as deliver new systems functionality required by the business.
- Provides input for departmental budgets and work to manage operational and capital expenses to meet budget.
Technology and System
- Recommends new technology directions in collaboration with Design and Enterprise Architecture teams.
- Plans for and ensures that management and development staff have tools/skills required to perform job functions (workstations, software, servers, disk space, training, etc.).
- Oversees data modeling and ETL, metadata management & looks after data quality.
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry best practices, and a deep understanding how data is extracted, transformed, scrubbed and loaded in a large DW environment with data originating from many source systems.
- Designs and leads Business Intelligence technology proof of concepts.
- Works with other management to understand project and business priorities and schedule work with development staff based on those priorities.
- Constantly improves the development processes, tools and methodologies used in the development group.
- Delivers high quality products on time and within budget.
Relationship and People Management
- Oversees technical relationships with multiple assigned vendors, including driving features and function requests for inclusion in future product releases.
- Effectively manages team to achieve results by providing appropriate direction, timely developmental feedback and coaching, and conducting performance reviews and conversations.
- Interviews and hires qualified managers and team members, striving to improve T-Mobile bench strength and augmenting product or project teams with contract staff when required.
- Supports team in creating training and career development plans and ensures assignments with increasing levels of responsibility are given to staff.
- Provides coaching and direction to the team that drives action and enables achievement of performance and operational goals.
The experience you'll bring.
- 10+ Years Overall IT Experience.
- Core understanding of IT Infrastructure Library and Similar Methodologies.
- Responsible for partnering with Developers, Product Owners, Business partners to gain buy-in as you roll-out best Practices.
- Expert in Quality Engineering Frame works and best Practices
- Knowledge in multiple testing methodologies such as MBT /Model Base Testing, RBT/ Requirement Based Testing ,RBT/ Risk base testing and Test Driven development.
- Communicates cross functionally with Sr. Leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Computer Science or in A Computer Programming Related Field.
- 7-10 Years: Experience of Developing Large Scale Business Systems Applications.
- 2-4 Years: Management Experience with Programming Staff Including Leadership, Planning, and Coordination of Development Work For 4 Large Projects.
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)