The Director, Transformation reports directly to the VP, Transformation and will lead and direct strategic cost and revenue improvements through major company initiatives to deliver long-term improvements to the organization's performance. Matrix manage cross-functional teams to rapidly and effectively complete, implement, and monitor complex business cases and cost reduction initiatives. Partner with business unit executive leaders and 3rd party consulting experts to drive expense savings in both near-term tactics and long-term transformational change. Identify and drive plans for best-in-class operating models and enablers (systems, tools, methods, etc.) to improve both efficiency and effectiveness. Ensure continuous monitoring, communication, and issue resolution occurs in conjunction with the Office of Transformation for accountability and governance of BU specific targets and plans.
What you'll do in your role.
- Provide leadership and governance to cross functional workstreams to obtain long term goals.
- Maintain a sustained focus on value creation by communicating and presenting to senior leaders to gain buy in to drive further improvements and efficiencies.
- Utilize business insights/intelligence for data driven decision making.
- Drive ideas and projects using technology solutions to differentiate the business and add value to customers.
- Identify and facilitate cross communications between workstreams where interdependencies exist.
- Take a proactive approach to challenge thinking and instituting new ideas and technology to achieve synergies and strategic transformation.
- Manage integrated plan with rigorous dependency management.
- Ensure decisions are communicated to impacted stakeholders.
- Provide avenue to escalate issues to get decisions made when needed by Steering Committee.
- Create communications plan for project/program communications.
The experience you'll bring.
- Bachelor's degree and 10-12 years related work experience
- 5+ years of progressive people leadership experience
- Background in analytics, business intelligence and operational business experience
- Experience establishing and directing strategic plans and objectives with a successful track record of influencing senior leaders and business units to achieve common goals
- MBA a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong strategic planning skills in a complex environment
CHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Ability to think broadly, outside of the box and be creative and innovative in their thinking; constantly challenges the status quo
- Analytical with a business mindset; Strong business and financial acumen
- A solid relationship builder and cross-functional collaborator; works effectively up, down and across the organization to achieve common goals
- Able to move swiftly and adapt to dynamic conditions both internally and externally
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills; a direct communicator
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and ambiguity, and lead in an environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Decisive leader who is able to move the business forward quickly while balancing time, cost, and quality
- Creative problem solver and solutions provider
- Performance oriented; readily accepting accountability for results
- Customer-obsessed; takes into account the impact on customers with every business decision