To assist in the OR suites and off-floor sites in administering patient care as directed by the Anesthesiologist. The anesthesia technician sets up, moves, prepares and maintains all anesthesia machines, equipment and supplies for the Anesthesiologist. Assists the Anesthesiologists with invasive and non-invasive monitoring. Participates in the orientation, training and education of new personnel and maintains a safe and aseptic environment for all patients. Performs all related duties as assigned and directed while adhering to the standards of nursing care and the policy and procedures of the Department of Anesthesiology. Reports certified Anesthesia Technician Supervisor and the Chief CRNA.
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements for Hire:
- One of the following certifications/licenses is required:
- Certified Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B).
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA).
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements for continued employment:
- Current EMT-B; CMA; CCMA; or CNA required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- One (1) year experience in health care.
- High School diploma or equivalent; and
- Successful completion and certification/licensure in one of the following:
- EMT-Basic Program.
- Medical Assistant program.
- State recognized CNA program.
- One (1) year clinical experience in one of the following areas: Recovery, ICU, Emergency Room, Operating Room, or Medical/Surgical Unit.
- Associates Degree or course work in biological sciences.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disability status.