Current employees: Please apply through the employee portal to be considered for this opportunity.
Pay Range:$21.90 - $26.82 Hourly
Job Type:Limited Duration
Exemption Status:United States of America (Non-Exempt)
Closing Date (Open Until Filled if No Date Specified):August 08, 2020
This Work Matters!
This limited duration assignment (LDA) is expected to last up to one (1) year, but may end sooner.
Come join our team in doing historical work for the NW Oregon region!
This position is with the NW Oregon Health Preparedness Organization (HPO), seated in Multnomah County Health Department. Its primary mission is to respond to COVID-19, supporting partners within the six-county Healthcare Preparedness Region 1. This position is responsible for the majority of Incident Command System (ICS) Planning Section duties: maintaining and conveying ongoing situational awareness, responding to requests for information from multiple partners in various emergency response sectors, assisting with fulfilling hospital resource orders, and tracking local, state, and federal reporting/data requirements.
As the COVID-19 Program Technician, your duties include but are not limited to:
- Collect, track, and evaluate data/statistics, generate and produce metrics (visual and verbal data summaries), reports (e.g. regional situation reports), and report summaries.
- Provide situation status updates at meetings.
- View press briefings, and attend multiple meetings in order to stay on top of the most current event information.
- Incident documentation including note-taking, completion of incident management forms (e.g. ICS-214, daily action plan), and documentation storage/organization.
- Receive, process, and follow up on resource orders for hospitals/health systems. Includes communicating and coordinating with all involved partners, inventory tracking (spreadsheets and databases), and data management.
- Occasionally arrange and manage meeting webinars.
- Develop and maintain schedules, contact lists, sign-in sheets, and other information as requested.
- Provide additional support to Program Manager and Program Specialist Senior on COVID-related projects as needed.
This highly specialized work involves multi-jurisdictional, multidisciplinary, and multi-agency participants within the HPO program and across Region 1. It requires advanced level computer software application skills; extensive experience working with Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suite, and an innate ability to comprehend, decipher, distill, and appropriately convey qualitative and quantitative data.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Multnomah County, we don't just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a Health Department employee you will create a work culture of respect, trust and understanding for the highly diverse populations the Health Department serves in the office and in the community. Every employee shares the responsibility for promptly bringing to the County's attention conduct that interferes with providing a work environment free of illegal discrimination and harassment.
Minimum Qualifications/Transferable Skills*:
Education/Training: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade. Additional coursework in social services, social science, business or public administration, statistics, computer science, or a related field is desirable; AND
Experience: Three years of specialized, increasingly responsible clerical/administrative experience in the area of assignment.
- High level computer literacy with emphasis on Excel, Word, Google Docs
- Previous experience with research and information analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
*Transferable skills: Your transferable skills are any skills you have gained through education, work experience (including the military) or life experience that are relevant for this position. Be sure to describe any transferable skills on your application and clearly explain how they apply to this position.
SCREENING AND EVALUATION:
The Selection Process: For details about how we typically screen applications, review our overview of the selection process page. We expect to evaluate candidates for this recruitment as follows:
- Initial review of application/ resume and cover letter for minimum qualifications and supplemental questions and all required attachments. If you do not address the minimum qualifications in the application, your application will be considered incomplete and will not move forward in the recruitment process.
- Phone screen
- Oral exam
- Consideration of top candidates
- Background, reference, and education checks
REQUIRED: The Application Packet: You must submit all requested items below. Failure to do so will be deemed as an incomplete application.
1. An application/ resume demonstrating you meeting minimum qualifications, AND
2. A cover letter addressing:
- why you are interested in the position, AND
- how your experience and skills meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
Note: Please be mindful of checking your email inbox for messages from the Recruiter as you may be emailed requesting additional information. If a response is not received in a timely manner your application may not be considered.
Type of Position: This hourly position is eligible for overtime
Diversity and Inclusion: At Multnomah County, we don't just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available for your reference. Multnomah County is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We request priority protected veteran referrals.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference. Review our veterans’ preference page for details about eligibility and how to apply.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please contact the recruiter below in advance to request assistance. Individuals with hearing or speech impairments may contact the recruiter through the Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 711.
Phone:+1 (503) 9884733 x84733
Application information may be used throughout the entire selection process. This process is subject to change without notice.
Disclaimer: This announcement is intended as a general descriptive recruitment guide and is subject to change. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.