At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Please note that effective July 1, 2021, MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
The Josie Robertson Surgery Center (JRSC) is a first-of-its-kind, freestanding outpatient and short-stay cancer surgery facility that delivers exceptional care to patients while utilizing the latest in surgical technology. The Center re-designs the way in which perioperative cancer care is provided, with an emphasis on innovation, continuous data-driven improvement, and an optimized patient experience. The opening of this new facility marked a new direction at MSK by focusing expertise on the delivery of high quality, cost-effective surgical treatment of cancer that will complement a long-established reputation for excellent surgical care of patients with advanced, complex cancers. Through the JRSC, MSK has developed a safe, efficient, patient-friendly, high-volume, high-quality, extended ambulatory surgical program committed to continual quality improvement and patient and provider satisfaction.
- Providers of compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to Oncology patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development channels
- Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Implement the nursing process for surgical patients in both the Pre-Surgical and Post Anesthesia Recovery area
- Provide intensive monitoring and nursing interventions postoperatively
- Cross-cover Peri-Anesthesia at Main Campus as necessary
- Minimum of 2+ years of related clinical experience in a critical care area
- Surgical oncology experience and related certification highly preferred
Day shift, four 10 hour shifts flexed between 10:30 - 11pm with weekend rotation
Competitive compensation packages | Generous vacation, sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Enticing tuition reimbursement | Paid maternity/paternity & adoption assistance | Fitness discounts & wellness program | Resource networks | Life insurance & disability | Individual mentoring and professional development support | Nursing career ladder