Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Summer Custodial Assistant (2 Openings) Location: Facilities
Position: Summer (temporary) Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: 6:00 am – 2:30 pm Pay Rate: $11.00 hour
Essential Job Functions:
Perform a variety of custodial functions as directed that will maintain a clean, healthy and safe work environment including maintaining floors; vacuuming, wet mopping, cleaning and stocking bathrooms, extracting of various floor surfaces; emptying and disposing of trash, dusting; mopping; and moving furniture/miscellaneous equipment as needed.
- Proven stable employment history, maintain punctuality, excellent attendance record and motivation to consistently perform quality work
- Must maintain a good work ethic and willingness to follow written, verbal and demonstrated instructions
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work harmoniously with teachers and staff
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Mobility to move safely and effectively in and around the school to perform work assignments; able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; able to climb ladders up to 8 feet; and, be able to use 10 pound backpack vacuum
- Must be able to perform duties that require extensive walking, standing, repetitive arm motions, repeated lifting, reaching, twisting, bending, and turning during normal shift
- Working knowledge of all procedures and equipment, including all hand and power tools used in trade
- Must be able to perform physical labor indoors, outdoors and in varying weather conditions
- Subject to noise from students, staff, custodial equipment, student and/or public use of premises, temperature fluctuations from energy management programs, dust from cleaning processes, body fluids, food wastes and odors from cleaning chemicals.
- Must be able to understand and communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing, for all job related duties and response to safety emergencies as well as follow verbal, written and/or demonstrated instruction
- Must be able to pass thorough background investigation, physical and drug test
Education | Facilities