Consumer Markets Consumer Strategy & Planning is a team that works both independently and cross functionally across T-Mobile to identify, analyze, and execute long-term strategic initiatives for Consumer Markets. As part of this team, the Sr. Strategy Manager will look around corners—across the T-Mobile business, human-centered customer research, and industry trends—to craft strategies that reinvent the T-Mobile retail footprint, redefine what a ‘store’ can be, elevate the T-Mobile consumer experience, and evolve how we serve customers across channels. In addition to owning major strategic initiatives across Consumer Markets, the role will partner closely with other strategists across the Consumer Strategy & Planning organization as well as experience designers on the Consumer Experience team to drive impact on the consumer experience and innovate how we serve customers at T-Mobile. This position requires deep understanding of consumer insights, experience strategy and design, performance measurement design, conceptual frameworks, segmentation, business analysis, and creating both business- and experience-based narratives. Experience in retail strategy, innovation, and an eye to what’s possible is also a plus.
What you'll do in your role.
- Identify and develop strategies to support the creation of new retail and/or channel experiences designed to improve overall customer satisfaction, deepen customer relationships, drive top line growth & deliver efficiencies to accelerate the Un-carrier revolution
- Identify and drive strategic, business, and financial evaluation of new business concepts, experiences, and retail portfolio strategies within Consumer Markets
- Structure and implement complex processes and frameworks to propel a new functional discipline around customer experience and retail innovation within Consumer Markets
- Plan and facilitate high-level strategic thinking, planning, and visioning sessions related to future programs to redefine how we serve customers and the retail channel at T-Mobile
- Participate in strategic evaluation of new business models and corporate relationships
- Lead and partner in efforts to build financial models around diverse and complex business problems and identify new ways to measure and define the value of experience and the value of a store
- Serve as a partner in cross-channel planning to streamline omnichannel capabilities
- Cultivate strategic relationships with key internal and external partners
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
The experience you'll bring.
- 7+ years experience in a strategy role at either an agency/consultancy or company
- 2+ years experience in data modeling, financial modeling, business case development or data analysis
- Experience in consumer research and insights (qualitative and quantitative)
- Experience crafting executive-level narratives in both written and oral form and influencing decisioning
- Change management experience
- Facilitation experience and/or training
- Experience in brand strategy, human-centered design, service design, experience design or design thinking
- Wireless, technology, or retail industry experience
- Consulting or agency experience
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization or in highly collaborative environments
- Bachelor’s degree or 8+ years work experience
- MBA preferred