At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The aim of the Flow Cytometry Core Facility is to facilitate and help advance the scope and quality of Cancer Research at MSK by providing investigators advanced instrumentation and high-level technical and scientific expertise in multi-dimensional Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting.
We are currently seeking aFlow Cytometry Specialist with advanced Flow Cytometry experience to integrate an exciting team of scientific and technologically-driven staff.
As aFlow Cytometry Specialist you will:
- Operate cell sorters and perform simple troubleshooting and repairs of Flow Cytometry equipment
- Provide technical and scientific support to researchers in operating analyzers and Flow Analysis software
- Perform daily startup and shutdown of flow instrumentation
- Perform daily cleaning and maintenance of flow instrumentation
- Perform Quality Control in all Cell Sorters, Analyzers and other required instrumentation
- Perform some Administrative duties
- Assist in Research and Development programs coordinated by senior staff, and learn how to coordinate these programs independently
- Learn Experimental Design and Execution in Flow Cytometry
As a contributor to the Research and Development programs, you will have the opportunity to present your results in the Core Lab meetings, in Regional and/or International meetings, as well as co-authoring any publications resulting from your contributions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years experience operating in a Flow Core Facility or demonstrated experience in using Flow Cytometry.
- Master’s degree preferred.