Job Description SummaryModern Minds is seeking a Program and Wellness Coordinator to join our multidisciplinary team and become an integral member of our new mental wellness clinic. Program and Wellness Coordinator will be our client’s main point of contact throughout their course of treatment. Program and Wellness Coordinators work primarily in a coaching capacity helping guide clients as they develop a vision for their future wellness, explore and integrate the cornerstones of wellness into their individualized care plan, and build off personal strengths. Program and Wellness Coordinator provide science-based health information within their scope of practice and make appropriate referrals to outside sources when indicated. Program and Wellness Coordinator will work directly with the clinic’s therapists and will see some clients at the beginning or end of their therapy sessions. They will also follow up with clients between appointments to ensure they are on course. By providing support and guidance to clients at all phases of their engagement our Program and Wellness Coordinator help clients accelerate and sustain improvements in their emotional health and overall wellness. This position will receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience. This is a full time, on-site position for which candidates must have the ability to maintain flexible hours regularly including evenings and weekends to accommodate working professional clients.
About Modern Minds
Modern Minds is a mental health and wellness center providing innovative treatment to adult professionals (ages 18 – 75 years old) who are struggling with anxiety and depression, and more broadly individuals who are seeking growth in their personal and professional lives. Our treatment approach is built on a foundation of process-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) cornerstones. We provide a range of evidence-based treatments in both individual and group settings, as well as an integrated array of other wellness and experiential services. We are partnered with the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), the leading healthcare provider for South Carolina and are located in the heart of downtown Charleston, SC.
At Modern Minds, you will be part of a forward-thinking team implementing a cutting-edge mental health model that incorporates wellness and technology into exceptional care for our clients. Our initiative is to change the course of how the world approaches mental health.
A few of the reasons you should join the team at Modern Minds:
• Non-traditional working hours
• Competitive salary and benefits
• Emphasis on work-life balance
• Opportunity to train and work with a group of highly talented leaders including the Chief Psychology Officer, Executive Director and other industry leaders and consultants
EntityMUSC Health Partners (MHP)
Cost CenterCC000086 CFC FUND PSA Modern Minds CC
Pay Rate TypeHourly
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as main point of contact for clients throughout their treatment process
- Effectively engage clients in both live and virtual environments
- Work with clients assess baseline wellness and develop individualized wellness plans and identify small steps towards goals
- Determine and provide relevant community and/or health care resources that support clients in their wellness goals.
- Facilitate utilization of wellness events and classes in community and organized by Modern Minds
- Participate in the further development of defining wellness needs and offerings for our clients (e.g., assist team in designing new wellness options or connecting with community resources that can expand our clients’ menu of options in the Charleston area)
- Attend clinical team meetings and supervision, didactic training, and wellness mentor supervision sessions at Modern Minds
- Coordinate with the clients’ therapists a wellness plan that enhances treatment goals
- Serve as facilitator for group psycho-educational and wellness sessions to gain additional clinical experience
- Responsible for referral and case management in electronic medical record; including: registration, screening, appointment scheduling, updating client files and ensuring completion of clinical assessments, maintaining detailed notes on individual treatment plans, notating adjustments, and progression of the client
Degree of Supervision: Limited supervision but operates within a clinical team, which includes supervision by a clinical director (MD or PhD). Must possess warmth, friendliness, compassion, and the ability to welcome our clients to the center. Must exercise good judgment and discretion.
Additional Job Description
Minimum Training and Education:
- Bachelors degree in psychology, social work or other social science, or 2+ year's of experience in the mental health field
- Masters Level Mental Health Professionals welcome to apply [Masters-level Licensed Social Workers (MSW), Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC), and Licensed Independent Social Workers (LISW)], and MA-level psychologists
- Experience with an electronic medical record system, mental health and wellness-based apps and programs, and other technology in the mental health and wellness arena
- Prior experience in wellness (e.g., yoga instructing, executive coaching, exercise science) or mental health (e.g., Motivational Interviewing, ABA, CBT, DBT or ACT experience)
Physical Requirements: Continuous requirements are to perform job functions while standing, walking and sitting. Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, climb stairs, reach in all directions, fully use both hands and legs, possess good finger dexterity, perform repetitive motions with hands/wrists/elbows and shoulders, reach in all directions. Ability to be qualified physically for respirator use, initially and as required. Maintain 20/40 vision corrected, see and recognize objects close at hand and at a distance, work in a latex safe environment and work indoors. Frequently lift, lower, push and pull and/or carry objects weighing 50 lbs (+/-) unassisted, exert up to 50 lbs of force, lift from 36” to overhead 25 lbs. Infrequently work in dusty areas and confined/cramped spaces.
If you like working with energetic enthusiastic individuals, you will enjoy your career with us!
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.
Medical University of South Carolina participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees