The successful candidate for this position must possess a valid and active Pennsylvania Teaching Certification in Special Education. The professional candidate(s) selected for this assignment understands and agrees that they may be required to teach in a blended or online format as requested by administration.
Three to five years of teaching experience in public education is preferred. Experience and working knowledge of effective online instructional practices, including direct instruction teaching replacement skills to mastery is desired. Teaching experience with secondary students is highly desirable.
Responsibilities / Skills of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Strong Interpersonal / Collaborative Skills
- Strong Organizational Skills and Effective Written Communication
- Strong instructional technology skills
- Working Knowledgeof diagnostic implications of various disabilities impacting student access and progress in the general education curriculum (i.e. development of Reading/Writing/Communication Skills/Math/Social & Emotional/and Executive Processing Skills)
- Ability to provide intensive instruction, collect progress monitoring data, and adjust instruction aligned to data analysis / instruction based on best practice
- Working knowledge and application (i.e. completion of compliant RRs/IEPs and other related process and documents) of Ch 14 requirements.
In addition to being qualified and knowledgeable in the specific area of certification required, we are seeking individuals trained in:
- Differentiated Instruction
- Reading Strategies
- Executive Functioning
- Assessment – Rubrics
- Collaborative Learning
- Process Writing
- Computer Background in Windows
- Data interpretation for classroom/school improvement planning
If hired for employment, the applicant must be able to submit the following:
- Criminal Record Check (less than one year old)
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance (less than one year old)
- FBI Finger Print Clearance (less than one year old)
- TB Test/Mantoux (less than 3 months old)
- Physical - if applicable (less than 1 year old)
Applicants requiring assistance or needing any accommodations for an employment test or interviewing process are asked to advise us in advance.
Please do not mail resumes/application materials directly to the Cumberland Valley School District. Unsolicited application materials cannot be acknowledged or returned. Based on the volume of applications the district receives, we ask that you do not contact the district to check the status of your application or to check the status of a position.
Cumberland Valley School District prohibits discrimination, including sexual harassment, on the basis of race, color, age, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, marital status, parenting status, pregnancy or handicap/disability in its activities, programs or employment practices. More information regarding the complaint process and complaint forms can be found at: https://www.cvschools.org/nondiscrimination.