Are you ready to make a difference in the world of wireless security? Then come join the T-Mobile team as a Manager, Cyber Incident Response!
The Manager of Cybersecurity Incident Response will lead a team of talented security professionals to ensure Cybersecurity incidents are thoroughly investigated, contained, and remediated. This roll is responsible for ensuring the team development and individual growth to improve team efficiency by providing immediate supervision, monitoring workflow, assignment of tasks, and measuring individual performance against team and individual goals and objectives. The individual will be responsible for hiring, performance evaluations, and salary reviews. The person in this position will ideally work in the Overland Park, KS headquarters campus, but can be filled in any T-Mobile office location.
What you'll do in your role.
- Mentor analysts, senior analysts, engineers, architects, and cybersecurity individual contributors to promote successful performance and career growth in alignment with department and enterprise objectives
- Plan and execute appropriate protective measures to include policy, process, and overall cybersecurity awareness
- Lead security projects driven by groups both internal and external to Digital Security
- Develop strategy, roadmap, and requirements for enterprise information protection and application security to align with technology, product, and overall business strategy
- Establish and contribute to mutually beneficial shared goals with other teams. Adapts approach to accomplish team goals
- Work effectively to resolve conflict amongst the team and between partner teams
- Manage technical relationships with assigned vendors, including driving features and function requests for inclusion in future product releases
- Demonstrates trust in others by eliminating unnecessary policies and checkpoints
- Communicates with others in a clear and tactful way
- Demonstrates and upholds others to T-Mobile's values which promotes a culture of integrity
- Delivers meaningful feedback, and provides support for development activities of team members
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results
- Encourages an environment where employees are valued and respected
- Creates a culture of recognition including supporting and increasing organizational recognition
- Sets goals and objectives for the team that align with the strategic goals of the organization
- Communicates direction of the organization through goal setting and alignment
- Monitors and measures work tasks to ensure deliverables and goals are completed on time
- Sets high standards for self / team and uses appropriate level urgency toward goal or project completion
- Demonstrates a customer are first attitude by keeping commitments, and holding employees accountable
- Ensures smooth flow of operations through planning, identification, and communication to assign responsibility to team members
The experience you'll bring.
- Demonstrate understanding of incident response processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate understanding of information security
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Demonstrate ability to delegate and motivate individuals to accomplish tasks
- In-depth knowledge of security and secure development best practices in large-scale environments
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills to large and small audiences
- Strong knowledge of current technological trends and developments in cybersecurity
- Knowledge of federal and compliance regulations e.g. SOX, PCI and CPNI
- Knowledge of cybersecurity policies and regulatory controls threats, vulnerabilities, and overall risk profile of the enterprise (per team function)
- Excellent verbal and communication skills necessary to engage with diverse cross functional groups and present effectively to small and large groups
- United States Citizenship required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field from an accredited 4-year college or university
- Four years related work experience or eight years related work experience post high school
- Two years’ supervisory or leadership experience
- Three years’ network security experience
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) preferred