Sr Analyst, Reporting & Analytics
What you'll do in your role.
- Innately curious and possesses a strong ability to think creatively and develop new solutions
- Gather complex data inputs from multiple sources, both internally and externally. Run data queries from reporting tools (Microsoft Management Studio, Teradata SQL Assistant and Oracle), ensuring integrity of data and reporting.
- Use modern visualization tools such as Tableau to enhance business understanding through artistic, simple, and concise data story telling.
- Produce and enhance reporting related to customer payments and associated fees.
- Analyze customer payment behavior and trends to find opportunities to influence payment strategy, reduce churn, and minimize fraud risk.
- Produce complex financial models and analysis in support of payments/electronic services projects and initiatives.
- Monitor and research rapidly evolving payments landscape. Assess potential opportunities and risks associated with changes to existing banking structure and payment product innovations.
- Proactively find ways to streamline and automate reporting and daily activities.
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc analysis.
Cross-Functional Project Support
- Represent Payments Strategy & Operations (PSO) as a payments system Subject Matter Expert (SME) in cross-functional projects.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems to ensure availability of supporting data.
- Provide business case development and modeling support, submit business requirements and functional design specifications, and participate in user acceptance testing.
- Cultivate and maintain strong partnerships with business stakeholders for the successful deployment of payment solutions. Work effectively with cross-functional business partners including, but not limited to Accounting, Finance, EIT, Care, and Marketing.
The experience you'll bring.
- 3-5 years progressive experience with financial analysis, modeling, visualization, and forecasting.
- Expert skills in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint required.
- Advanced SQL (across multiple platforms) skills required and some exposure to SAS, R Studio, and/or Python strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of a variety of analytical concepts and techniques such as cost-benefit analysis, statistical analysis, forecasting.
- Independently perform detailed analysis for a variety of projects related to Payments Strategy & Operations (PSO) and recommend insightful solutions to partners and senior leadership.
- Able to quickly understand complex situations, evaluate appropriate financial metrics, understand the impact of various operational elements on financial performance.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities and deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to facilitate discussions, manage complexity, and resolve ambiguity.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret, synthesize, and effectively communicate complex analysis to senior level management.
- Wireless communication industry and electronic payments experience preferred.
Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, statistics, or a related quantitative field.