St. Mary's County Public Schools has recently adopted a Teacher Candidate Assessment. Once you submit your application, you will receive an email to complete the Teacher Candidate Assessment as part of your application package.
EFFECTIVE: 2023 - 2024 School Year
NATURE OF WORK:
This is a professional position to meet the instructional goals of the school and school system by delivering instructional programs effectively to ensure student achievement.
- Direct and evaluate student learning experiences;
- Provide guidance to students to promote education development and welfare;
- Provide care and protection of school property;
- Supervise student activity on school property; and
- Plan and coordinate the instructional program in accordance with the current curricula.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in co-curricular activities;
- Maintain accurate student attendance;
- Assist students with learning activities;
- Take part in professional development activities;
- Cooperate with students and staff;
- Maintain open lines of communications with students, staff and parents; and
- Maintain current lesson plans.
- Possess professional certification for the appropriate teaching level;
- Demonstrate knowledge of curriculum, instruction, staff development, and assessment process; and
- Possess the ability to relate well with students, colleagues, parents, and staff.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
Full-time ten-month position.
SALARY GRADE RANGE:
The salary for this EXEMPT position will be based on EASMC salary schedule for ten-month employees.
BARGAINING UNIT ELIGIBILITY: EASMC
The Board of Education reserves the right to reject any or all applicants, re-advertise, and/or withdraw the positions.
The St. Mary’s County Public School System does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, marital status or sexual orientation, religion, or disability in matters affecting employment or providing access to programs.