Gifted Resource Teacher
Henrico, VA, US
HCPS - Brookland Middle School
Henrico County Public Schools is the sixth-largest public school division in Virginia. The division serves more than 50,000 students in its 72 schools and program centers. Our nearly 7,000 full-time employees include 3,800 teachers. Students and parents speak more than 85 languages and represent more than 100 countries. Academic excellence, innovation, and opportunity are hallmarks of Henrico County Public Schools. The division led the Richmond region in schools earning the 2017 Virginia Index of Performance awards for advanced learning and achievement. HCPS also leads central Virginia in teachers certified by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, the profession's highest mark of accomplishment.
Henrico County, Virginia, is a diverse community of more than 320,000 which wraps west, north, and east of the independent city and state capital of Richmond. We are 104 miles from the Atlantic Ocean; 94 miles east of the scenic Skyline Drive and 106 miles south of Washington, D.C. The Richmond area is 75 miles north of the North Carolina border.
Henrico County Public Schools, an innovative leader in educational excellence, will actively engage our students in diverse educational, social and civic learning experiences that inspire and empower them to become contributing citizens.
General Statement of Duties
The selected candidate will use and evaluate instructional materials and resources, including technology, that support the curriculum of Gifted Education
The physical demands of this assignment include the ability to sit and stand for extended periods and the ability to lift and move items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Professional Program Duties and Expectations:
- Plans daily instructional activities for secondary students, demonstrating knowledge of subject matter and using state Standards of Learning and the curriculum of the district
- Uses current school and division data to plan instruction
- Develops formative and summative tests, using multiple tools to assess student learning on an ongoing basis, and alters instruction to meet group and individual needs
- Maintains order within the classroom and school with proactive classroom management and a well-organized learning environment
- Maintains records of student performance and attendance, and communicates this effectively with students and their parents
- Selects, requisitions, and uses a variety of instructional materials to stimulate learning and meet the needs of all students
- Communicates and coordinates instruction with other staff (special ed, gifted, remediation staff, etc.) relative to student learning
- Stays abreast of current educational trends and best practices as these relate to classroom instruction and effective schools
- Maintains professional manner when interacting with students, parents, patrons, community agencies and colleagues
- Incorporates and models appropriate use of technology to support instruction and student learning
- Performs other duties as assigned
A Bachelor's degree and a valid teaching license, with an endorsement in Gifted Education, are required.
This vacancy is for the 2022-23 school year. * The salary for this position will be prorated based upon the official start date.
Minimum annual starting salary*:
· Bachelors - $50,464.37
· Masters - $52,886.78
Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by the school.
How To Apply
To be considered for the listed vacancy, you must submit an online application and mail, fax, or hand-deliver three (3) written references https://henricoschools.us/wp-content/uploads/References.pdf college transcripts, and a copy of teaching license to:
Henrico County Public Schools
Department of Human Resources
P. O. Box 23120
3820 Nine Mile Road
Henrico, VA 23223
Fax: (804) 652-3763
Henrico County Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities.
EOE/Accommodations Upon Request
Amount of Travel
Work At Home