Full Time Substitute Teacher
Principal or Assistant Principal
Open Until Filled
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of and ability to maintain effective classroom management strategies
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to follow oral and written directions
- Must be very flexible and have strong skills in using superior judgment when making decisions
- Ability to establish effective and positive rapport with staff and students
- Demonstrate knowledge and incorporates technology in daily tasks
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain confidentiality of student information
- Ability to work effectively with diverse student population including students with special needs
- Ability to walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, kneel, crouch, including repetitive motions
- Ability to stand for excess of 6 hours
- Ability to lift students of various weights independently and with shared responsibility
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Effective Teacher Training Program
- Educator’s License required
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 month
SALARY: $125 per day
- Reports to main office upon arrival at the school.
- Implements prepared lesson plans.
- Maintains good order and discipline in classroom that fosters a safe and positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with school and county policies.
- Completes all necessary records accurately such as attendance, grades, inventories, etc.
- Fulfills all duties and responsibilities of the classroom teacher for a period of four or more consecutive weeks.
- Monitors student interaction while keeping students on task.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES (continued):
- Ensures the integrity of academic time and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate.
- Maintains the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned.
- Maintains classroom arrangement and ensures that all materials and equipment in classroom are used appropriately.
- Promotes proper use and care of school property.
- Addresses and reconciles minor student conflicts and requests assistance from administration when support is needed in this area
- Reports all student injuries, accidents, illness, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as reasonable possible.
- Reports any unusual occurrence or event to the principal or designee immediately.
- Maintains confidentiality of student information
- Follows all rules and regulations, policies and administrative guidelines as adopted by the school, Board of Education and Superintendent.
- Remains at the school during the entire school day unless excused by the principal or designee.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by school administrator(s).
- Additional expectations will be communicated at each school location based on grade levels, curriculum offerings, etc.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
Onslow County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities.
I have read and understand the requirements for the position of Full Time Substitute Teacher. I am able to perform all essential functions of this position.