JOB FAIR POSTING Chemistry Teacher - General Posting for 2024-25 SY
Henrico, VA, US
HCPS - High Schools
Henrico County Public Schools is the sixth-largest public school division in Virginia. The division serves more than 50,000 students in its 72 schools and program centers. Our nearly 7,000 full-time employees include 3,800 teachers. Students and parents speak more than 85 languages and represent more than 100 countries. Academic excellence, innovation, and opportunity are hallmarks of Henrico County Public Schools. HCPS also leads central Virginia in teachers certified by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, the profession's highest mark of accomplishment.
Henrico County, Virginia, is a diverse community of more than 320,000 which wraps west, north, and east of the independent city and state capital of Richmond. We are 104 miles from the Atlantic Ocean; 94 miles east of the scenic Skyline Drive and 106 miles south of Washington, D.C. The Richmond area is 75 miles north of the North Carolina border.
Henrico County Public Schools, an innovative leader in educational excellence, will actively engage our students in diverse educational, social and civic learning experiences that inspire and empower them to become contributing citizens.
General Statement of Duties
JOB FAIR POSTING
This generic posting is created to generate an applicant pool for the 2024-2025 school year.
School-specific vacancy postings will be forthcoming.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Plan, organize, and deliver instruction to meet individual and group learning needs utilizing state guidelines and division curriculum.
- Regularly exhibit considerable knowledge of learning theory and best practices.
- Consistently act in the best interests of students and model appropriate behavior in all professional interactions.
- Delivers the curriculum established by the Henrico County School Board and administration
- Plans daily instructional activities for all students, demonstrating knowledge of subject matter and using state Standards of Learning and the curriculum of the district
- Uses current school and division data to plan instruction
- Develops formative and summative tests, using multiple tools to assess student learning on an ongoing basis, and alters instruction to meet group and individual needs
- Maintains order within the classroom and school with proactive classroom management and a well-organized learning environment
- Maintains records of student performance and attendance, and communicates this effectively with students and their parents
- Selects and uses a variety of instructional materials to stimulate learning and meet the needs of all students
- Communicated and coordinates instruction with other staff (special education, gifted, remediation staff, volunteers, etc.) relative to student learning
- Stays abreast of current educational trends and best practices as these relate to classroom instruction and effective schools
- Maintains professional manner when interacting with students, parents, patrons, community agencies and colleagues
- Incorporates and models appropriate use of technology to support instruction and student learning
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree and a valid teaching license in the subject listed above.
- Applicants with relevant college course work and passing praxis scores will be considered.
JOB FAIR POSTING
Position is a 209-day position.
Minimum *** annual starting salary: $54,602 Bachelors, $57,223 Masters, $ 59,970 Doctoral
The annual salary stated in this posting is based on the 2023-2024 adopted financial plan. The annual salary, for the 2024-2025 school year, will be determined once the 2024-2025 school year financial plan is approved and adopted in the Spring of 2024.
How To Apply
To be considered for a 2023-24 vacancy, you should provide the following:
- Teaching Resume
- Copy of your Virginia or out-of-state teaching license
- Official or unofficial college transcripts
- Copies of your Praxis scores (if available)
- 3 Recently written professional reference letters or References.
Information may be uploaded to our online recruiting platform at henricoschools.us/careers/ or mailed to the address below.
Henrico County Public Schools
Department of Human Resources
P. O. Box 23120
3820 Nine Mile Road
Henrico, VA 23223
The School Board of Henrico County is committed to nondiscrimination with regard to sex (including pregnancy), gender, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification), in employment or in its programs and activities.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home