At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Office of Core Facilities at MSK is seeking a self-directed leader to join their management team as the Business Manager for Sloan-Kettering Institute's Core Facilities, and manage the overall financial operations for Core Facilities.
The Business Manager for Sloan-Kettering Institute's Core Facilities and manages financial operations related to billing processes and rate development, for Core Facilities. You will partner with Director, Core Facilities Operations, Research and Technology Management (RTM) staff, IT staff, and Core Laboratory Managers and Directors as appropriate, to plan and implement new programmatic initiatives affecting Core Facility billing processes and compliance. As a self-directed professional, this role serves as principal resource for cores for billing related processes and issues.
As the Business Manager, you will:
- Partner with the Director, Core Facilities Operations, Research and Technology Management (RTM) Leadership, Research Computing, and select Core Laboratory Managers and Directors as appropriate, to plan and implement new programmatic initiatives affecting Core Facility financial management and billing processes and compliance.
- Plan, develop, and monitor Cores’ resources, including development of annual operating budget partnering with Research Fund Management.
- Ensure budgetary compliance through review of expenses and prepare regular financial reports (e.g. to monitor expense and recovery activity) for Core Directors.
- Be responsible for timely billing, collection and reconciliation for all service charges both internal and external to MSK for cores.
- Assist select Core Directors with determining rates and prices, adhering to federal cost accounting requirements.
- Provide project management support and serve as systems and subject matter expert for billing applications for Core Facilities also partnering with RTM ISS and the Research Fund Manager, Core Facilities, to oversee access control and annual certification of users.
- Coordinate initiatives to measure and improve the financial processes in the Core Facilities and identify appropriate stakeholders to effect changes.
- Collaborate with Director, Core Facility Operations, to support customer satisfaction and business relationships with internal and external customers, marketing and advertising.
- Manage the functions and activities of the Research Fund Manager, Core Facilities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of substantial experience in financial management, preferably in a research (clinical or lab based) or health care environment.
- Previous experience in research administration and/or with core facility operations and rate setting is preferred.
- The ability to analyze systems and interpret financial data and develop, facilitate and orchestrate effective communication with all levels of staff including clinical/research staff (Core Heads, investigators, etc), administration, research and clerical support staff, and institutional leaders.
- The ability to plan, organize, facilitate and lead meetings, to develop programs/manage projects and to prioritize work across several areas and Core Facilities. Ability to take ownership of situations, multi-task and manage projects from start to completion.
- Strong accounting background strongly preferred with excellent excel skills #LI-POST